Facebook groups on Windows 10 and 11 Chrome or Edge. Page layout suddenly changes

windup

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had this issue twice now, once on W10 and now again on W11.
I am a member and moderator on several FB groups in adition to my own personal account.
My own account page and other main account pages display as normal on my Windows PC with the Header displayed at top of page..
However, once on W10 and again now on W11, group pages I moderate suddenly change page format so that the header appears on far left of page which contains various menu options I can't then see.
This happened first some months ago and after trying numerous suggestions and searching for answers I gave up.. then suddenly one day it sorted itself without anything being done on my part.
Now its happened again, whether by coincidence after a routine W11 update.
The main group admin say the group is classed as 'general' and they have not seen this problem on their own PC.
So, is this something others have seen, is it something on my PC, is it a Facebook thing ?? I give up. help please.

Is this with the web browser maximised? If not then even small changes to it's width can cause swapping between the desktop and mobile layouts.

Is this with the web browser maximised? If not then even small changes to it's width can cause swapping between the desktop and mobile layouts.
Hiya.. yes maximised and same on Chrome and Edge. Its also on another old laptop currently running W10, where this latest has happened on a very new HP laptop running W11.
I have tried various screen display options down to 800x600 and it doesn't alter the effect.
I'm assuming Facebook are changing things in realtion to Groups especially since they announced they were changing Group options earlier this year.
The Group main admin haven't seen this and tell me the settings are for a General group.
Like I say, this happened some months ago and then suddenly went back to normal for no reason.
Any advice welcome but I'm resigned to leaving it until it restores itself again.

I've had this issue twice now, once on W10 and now again on W11.
I am a member and moderator on several FB groups in adition to my own personal account.
My own account page and other main account pages display as normal on my Windows PC with the Header displayed at top of page..
However, once on W10 and again now on W11, group pages I moderate suddenly change page format so that the header appears on far left of page which contains various menu options I can't then see.
This happened first some months ago and after trying numerous suggestions and searching for answers I gave up.. then suddenly one day it sorted itself without anything being done on my part.
Now its happened again, whether by coincidence after a routine W11 update.
The main group admin say the group is classed as 'general' and they have not seen this problem on their own PC.
So, is this something others have seen, is it something on my PC, is it a Facebook thing ?? I give up. help please.
Hello! I know this post is four months old, but did you ever find a solution? This just happened to me. I have been searching for a solution for a couple of hours now and your post is the only thing I've come across. This is driving me nuts! Thank you.

Hello! I know this post is four months old, but did you ever find a solution? This just happened to me. I have been searching for a solution for a couple of hours now and your post is the only thing I've come across. This is driving me nuts! Thank you.
Hiya.. answer is sadly a NOOO !!
I'm of the opinion it has something to do with my personal FB setup. either interacting with Windows and/or FB combined but considering i have the same problem using different PC/Laptop then I'm thinking it is primarily a FB thing. I checked with all my other Mod members and nobody else had seen it. Very odd, since it did once suddenly sort itself for some months.. then reappear.
I have since left the group on which I was moderating and not noticed any similar problems .. until I started experimenting in setting up my own FB group under a different account name.
Sure enough, when I added my previous affected account name as moderator then the same layout problem appeared but only on that one account.
I tried contacting FB but got no reply and no other replies on Forums. Which suggests it is a localised problem. I've since given up trying to find an answer.

Hiya.. answer is sadly a NOOO !!
I'm of the opinion it has something to do with my personal FB setup. either interacting with Windows and/or FB combined but considering i have the same problem using different PC/Laptop then I'm thinking it is primarily a FB thing. I checked with all my other Mod members and nobody else had seen it. Very odd, since it did once suddenly sort itself for some months.. then reappear.
I have since left the group on which I was moderating and not noticed any similar problems .. until I started experimenting in setting up my own FB group under a different account name.
Sure enough, when I added my previous affected account name as moderator then the same layout problem appeared but only on that one account.
I tried contacting FB but got no reply and no other replies on Forums. Which suggests it is a localised problem. I've since given up trying to find an answer.
Thank you for your reply! How frustrating and disappointing for you...and me! I also contacted FB but no reply. I suppose I must have accidentally pressed something I shouldn't have but I really don't think so. Sigh. Thank you again!

Thank you for your reply! How frustrating and disappointing for you...and me! I also contacted FB but no reply. I suppose I must have accidentally pressed something I shouldn't have but I really don't think so. Sigh. Thank you again!
Tis annoying. I found I had to use my Mobile phone Android App as login to effectively manage the group. The main group Admin did suggest that FB will sometimes update individual accounts rather than a block update for all, so I'd suggest continue trying to contact FB to check why this happens.

If it's an update it's certainly for the worse as I can no longer get to some menu options. So rather than flinging my laptop on the floor I will continue to contact FB. Thank you!

Been searching the web for days to get an answer to my problem with the banner photo being on the left. Would seem reading the above that no one has discovered how to fix. I contacted FB and of course heard nothing . Had anyone got an update since the last posting in April?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom