Question Facebook doesn't like me!

the ink monitor

Standard Member
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, but I have checked and this one seems to be the nearest to my problem.

I am registered with Facebook, but now I cannot post to it for some reason and I am totally baffled!! I have checked their Help pages and it says clear cookies or try another search engine........SO, have done that AND tried IE, Opera and Firefox but none of them work! What am I doing wrong???? I can type a message but there doesn't seem to be anyway to make it remain there - if I close the site down it says my message will not be saved, but can see no way of making it stick i.e. there is no "Post message" or something like that.

I have tried and tried and tried and am tearing my hair out! (not that I've got much)

Last edited:

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Are you able to post to FB from a tablet or mobile?
if not it's probably an account problem.
if you can post from those what equipment is it (brand/model) you are having problems with?

the ink monitor

Standard Member
Thank you so much for your prompt reply............

I don't have a tablet or mobile (I'm VERY old school 'cos I'm very old) and I'm using a PC tower that my son built and of course it doesn't give me any trouble with other progs. etc. JUST Facebook GRRRRR!!

As I say, I do have an account with them, but this has floored me.

the ink monitor

Standard Member
I understand where you're coming from, BUT two days ago it did accept a photo with some text, but now nothing - it's so weird. I think I'm doing something wrong but for the life of me I cannot see what - I mean there's no "Post" button is there? On here for example it clearly states "Post reply". I was going to say, is there a "Post" button missing, but then, two days ago when it accepted before there was no button - I'm sure.

I'm logged on, I type a message and it just sits there. If I close it, it says what I have posted will be lost, and I'm shouting at them "Well tell me what to do!!"

I'm at my wits end.........................:(

JayCee

Distinguished Member
When you login to FB there’s a “What's on your mind” text entry box. If you click that a box opens where you type whatever you want to say then when you’re done there's a “Post” button to the right of the text entry box which you click to post to your friends.

the ink monitor

Standard Member
Can't see the box you are referring to, however...........have now discovered what appears to be two versions of FB (the original and the so called "new and improved") and now I am on the original version everything is working!!
Why do they do this - it isn't the first time I have had experience of "new and improved" means they have then cocked it up.................soooooo annoying!

Thank you so much for your help and staying with me JayCee! :D

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom