• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Facebook App

J_C_COOL

Established Member
Is there a way to get the Android facebook app to give me notifications? The refersh interval is set to 39mins abnd the types of notification are all ticked but it does seem to do anything. Is there something noobish I haven't done?

ta

Johnny P

Established Member
I get notifications on my Desire. They appear in the notifications bar. That said, the application isn't as complete as the equivalent app on the iPhone or Blackberry.

I should add that on the Android app you can only receive notifications for messages, pokes, friend requests and event invents. You don't seem to be able to receive notifications for people who have commented on your status, photos or commented on statuses that you have commented on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary D

Distinguished Member
I get notifications on my Desire. They appear in the notifications bar. That said, the application isn't as complete as the equivalent app on the iPhone or Blackberry.

I should add that on the Android app you can only receive notifications for messages, pokes, friend requests and event invents. You don't seem to be able to receive notifications for people who have commented on your status, photos or commented on statuses that you have commented on.

You can if you set Facebook to email you when someone comments. Not ideal but its better than nothing i guess.

G

J_C_COOL

Established Member
You can if you set Facebook to email you when someone comments. Not ideal but its better than nothing i guess.

G

Nah, its not much of a big deal tbh. Was just wondering if it was meant to do it or not.

Thanks anyway

J_C_COOL

Established Member

Ahh just read your send paragraph. Thats what it wasn't doing.

Cheers

Johnny P

Established Member
Ahh just read your send paragraph. Thats what it wasn't doing.

Cheers

No worries, mate. It's unfortunate, but obviously a more in-depth app will be released in due course.

In the mean time, I'd suggest doing as G said above. :)

If your Facebook e-mail address is gmail or googlemail, you can opt to have notifications sent to you via e-mail directly.

If not, you can choose to a) check your e-mail and Facebook notifications every so often, or b) choose to have gmail fetch the e-mail of another account and have it pushed through. However, the latter isn't instant.

J_C_COOL

Established Member
No worries, mate. It's unfortunate, but obviously a more in-depth app will be released in due course.

In the mean time, I'd suggest doing as G said above. :)

If your Facebook e-mail address is gmail or googlemail, you can opt to have notifications sent to you via e-mail directly.

If not, you can choose to a) check your e-mail and Facebook notifications every so often, or b) choose to have gmail fetch the e-mail of another account and have it pushed through. However, the latter isn't instant.

Cheers, have gone for c) use fb touch site on Dolphin browser every now and again!

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom