Facebook app not working on tivo

The Jamess

Ex Member
Reaction score
Tried to add the Facebook app and when I click on it it says twitter is now activated ????? And it doesn't show up even though my actual Facebook account asks for permission :confused: anyone got it working ?

Sorry for all the questions thanks for all your help :thumbsup:

The TiVo hasn't got a Facebook app????

Yeah not sure where I got that link from as it's saved in my favourites but can't find it from the main virgin site it asked for permission to allow access but then said twitter is now activated ? The Facebook app is ticked but it's not on my box might take a while I suppose :rolleyes:

Just managed to find this post on virgins forums

Re: My Tivo Apps Registration Error
Options
on 28-04-2011 19:24

The facebook and piccassa apps are not yet available on tivo , but having set them up means you will be able to use them as soon as they arrive.

So guess I answered my own question again although hope that link helps some people out

What other apps do they offer ?

At the moment, TiVo comes with apps for eBay, YouTube, Weather, Twitter, Celebrity News, YouTube and BBC iPlayer. Facebook and Picasa are scheduled to be activated soon. There's also a 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' App/Game.

At the moment, TiVo comes with apps for eBay, YouTube, Weather, Twitter, Celebrity News, YouTube and BBC iPlayer. Facebook and Picasa are scheduled to be activated soon. There's also a 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' App/Game.

Why have an app for BBC iPlayer when VM already offer that? The weather app could be useful and YouTube too but the rest :nono:

...............There's also a 'Who Wants to be a Millionaire' App/Game.

Nice :suicide:

David

Why have an app for BBC iPlayer when VM already offer that?

They don't and they can't from here on in. The BBC are ceasing to support third party implementations of the iPlayer. It isn't just VM who have fallen fowl of this, but all devices and services that want to use the iPlayer must now use the web based service from here on in. This is why the TiVo only has the flash based iPlayer as sourced via the iPlayer app and the internet. The Beeb will also no longer help develop third party interfaces for the iPlayer for free.

Boxee users have lost the iPlayer altogether due to the Beebs ruling!

…

BBC - BBC Internet Blog: BBC iPlayer on TV in your living room: update

On 2 March 2011, Virgin released an iPlayer application for their TiVo . Unlike the previous implementation, the application streams over the internet rather than utilising Virgin's video-on-demand service, in order to comply with the BBC's proposed syndication policy.

Virgin Media was forced to remove direct access to BBC content on TiVo, meaning that instead of being able to access BBC content through its backwards EPG, Virgin TiVo users must instead go through the Apps and Games area or press the Red Button from a BBC channel. The change also allows an increase in the amount of programmes available, from around 300 to 700 hours on average, bringing Virgin into line with the iPlayer on connected TV devices.

Virgin plan to reinstate the iPlayer back into the EPG sometime in the summer, but this will obviously need some work doing in order to make the implementation comply with the BBC's syndication policy.

Last edited:
They don't and they can't from here on in. The BBC are ceasing to support third party implementations of the iPlayer. It isn't just VM who have fallen fowl of this, but all devices and services that want to use the iPlayer must now use the web based service from here on in. This is why the TiVo only has the flash based iPlayer as sourced via the iPlayer app and the internet. The Beeb will also no longer help develop third party interfaces for the iPlayer for free.

Boxee users have lost the iPlayer altogether due to the Beebs ruling!

I didn't know BBC iPlayer was no longer available on VM. Shows how much I used it!

David

I didn't know BBC iPlayer was no longer available on VM. Shows how much I used it!

David

I believe it is still the same on the V+ via the red button service, but it is no longer directly accessible via the EPG and VoD service.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom