Facebook Advertising Help

Member 328449

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've set up a new advert which is designed to increase website traffic. I have 5 different ads in the same ad set. So they all say the same thing, and they all share the same budget, with the only difference being the image. As you can see from the image, one of them is getting loads more impressions than the others, and I can't see why. They've only been live a day but I'm hoping someone might have an idea.

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 87
I've set up a new advert which is designed to increase website traffic. I have 5 different ads in the same ad set. So they all say the same thing, and they all share the same budget, with the only difference being the image. As you can see from the image, one of them is getting loads more impressions than the others, and I can't see why. They've only been live a day but I'm hoping someone might have an idea.
Because it’s had more engagement Facebook has spent more on the ad and it’s then snowballed. Why do you have 5 ads if they all say the same thing? What’s different per ad?

Different pictures. I wanted to try a variety of pictures and see which got the best results.

And now you know :D

I don't feel like I do. It's only had less than 24 hours. Hardly a fair experiment. I was hoping there might be a way to force Facebook to spend the same on each ad so I can see the results over a few weeks. I suppose I could create separate campaigns but that's a pain really.

For anyone else who's having this issue, I spoke to a Facebook advisor and I'm now using split tests, which let me set up to 5 different ads and evenly spread the budget. I'm doing this for a month, then I can see which ones to use.

I don’t like split tests really. I would have different ad sets for per ad and have a fixed budget per set. Or what I tend to do is let Facebook Optimise the whole campaign and let it decide which ad set gets more spend due to performance.

Personally I would have let your original method carry on for at least 3 days and assess then. It’s too tempting to make quick judgment calls with Facebook ads and it’s best to let them play out.

Appreciate that. The only reason I didn't want to carry on is because there was such a difference already. Out of interest, what don't you like about split tests? It's the first time I've used them but it seems like a good way of spreading the budget to see how things go.

I find FB (and Instagram) ads a huge hit and miss. Besides I wouldn't believe in the figures they present. They are always very bloated for me. FB reports that X amount of people clicked on the ad and visited my website (and charged me accordingly), but I go onto Google Analytics or my internal statistics and nowhere near as much as FB reports has clicked in reality. Also 99% of clicks on the ad on FB seems to be an accidental click as they hit Back button a second later. So far it has been a huge waste of time for me.

Appreciate that. The only reason I didn't want to carry on is because there was such a difference already. Out of interest, what don't you like about split tests? It's the first time I've used them but it seems like a good way of spreading the budget to see how things go.
I just don’t trust the split test feature to be honest. Much rather test myself and find the winning options that way.

One thing it does do well is ensure no users see both ads. I’m not entirely sure if that’s the right way though?

I'd love to advertise on Instagram but it forces you to also have a Facebook account which I don't want in order to advertise

I wouldn't believe anything from Facebook. A friend has a local business so looked into some local advertising as he hoped to grow his local business group. What happened is that 40-50 Indians decided they wanted to join the group, all based throughout India. Also a lot of people who's profiles indicated they were local although looking through their friends lists, a pattern was forming, all of the friends were foreign and the posts made by these people were all pretty bizarre.

I bet Facebook have teams to fake such interest to make it look like it pays to advertise with them.

I wouldn't believe anything from Facebook. A friend has a local business so looked into some local advertising as he hoped to grow his local business group. What happened is that 40-50 Indians decided they wanted to join the group, all based throughout India. Also a lot of people who's profiles indicated they were local although looking through their friends lists, a pattern was forming, all of the friends were foreign and the posts made by these people were all pretty bizarre.

I bet Facebook have teams to fake such interest to make it look like it pays to advertise with them.
I wonder what percentage of Facebook interactions are in fact from these Asian click farms.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom