Facebook 5.0 now available on App store

Saxo Appeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been using it now for about an hour and it's FAR better than before folks

Much much faster at loading esp photos and swiping through albums

The social network added in the announcement:

We've rebuilt the app from the ground up, so now the app opens much faster, and your news feed and notifications load right when you open Facebook.

As you scroll down your news feed, all of your friends' stories appear faster than ever. A banner lets you know when new stories come in, and you can tap once to immediately see the latest updates.

Tap on any photo and it opens right away. Pull down to close it with a single swipe.

Last edited:
It works really well, and has finally brought timeline to the iPad!

It may even convince me to use Facebook as much as twitter now!

I only really use Facebook on my phone and the app recently has been awful to the point I was barely using it and sticking to twitter. Early thoughts of the update are positive...it's useable now!!

Yeah. The big advantage is responding to notifications opens the relevant thread and not just the group page.

Folks I'm having a small problem with the new Facebook app. I can't seem to tag myself in photos I've uploaded. I type my name and even try typing 'me' but I don't come up in the list of available tags.
Anyone suffer the same or know what silly mistake I'm making.

Folks I'm having a small problem with the new Facebook app. I can't seem to tag myself in photos I've uploaded. I type my name and even try typing 'me' but I don't come up in the list of available tags.
Anyone suffer the same or know what silly mistake I'm making.

i had this and its because your tagged in the photo already

Any idea how to save images in the new version, it seems to have disappeared :S

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom