Face time help

Discussion in 'iPad Forum' started by alan280170, Dec 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. alan280170

alan280170
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,230
    I have a IPad 2 wifi only, also have a US AT&T plan for my Iphone, they are both synced on the same Itunes. I am currently in Asia and I can Face time through my contacts list that I already have, all good so far.

I have a friend who just got a IPad and we want to face time, is it her email she uses for iTunes that I need for me to connect and if she wants to call me does she use my US mobile number (the phone is not used here, but is synced with IPad), or my iTunes email?

Sorry if it sounds convoluted but I cannot really get a sensible answer from Google.:smashin:

Thanks in advance

2. milkmanchris

milkmanchris

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +82
    Yes to the first bit you add her email address as a contact then press facetime on her contact and it will give you the option of which detail (phone or email) to 'ring'.

Yes to the second part, exactly the same principal she adds your US mobile and follows the same prncipal.

I have a friend in the Canada, and face time him all over the world just 'dialling' his Canadian mobile number (dont forget the relevant international prefixes though)

Hope this helps

Edit, just checked the settings on my iPad, if she goes to the facetime setting in settings you can add any email you want to the list that she wishes to be contacted on, although her principal iTunes linked one is also there.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2011
  3. alan280170

alan280170
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,230
    Cheers fella :smashin: for that, seems so easy. :p:cool::rotfl: