Face Tattoos

Kailash

Prominent Member
Reaction score
interesting clip here
what do people think? will it ever be acceptable on the face. i think they are much more acceptable now on the rest of the body
seems he lost his job over it

My life with a face tattoo - BBC News

i don't have any tattoos personally, but think they can be great, just not for me.

Don't have any tattoos but have considered them in the past and Ive seen a lot of peoples artwork that looks really good.
If I ever was to get one it would have to be somewhere that wasn't permenantly 'on show'.

interesting clip here
what do people think? will it ever be acceptable on the face. i think they are much more acceptable now on the rest of the body
seems he lost his job over it

My life with a face tattoo - BBC News

i don't have any tattoos personally, but think they can be great, just not for me.
It's perfectly acceptable... just like quitting school... it's your life, do what you want... but don't expect to be able to get/keep a job easily.

If you're financially self-sufficient, cover yourself in a spider web tattoo for all I care.
If you expect to be employed anywhere remotely mainstream, get a grip.
Worse of the lot are surely the one that get it done, can't get a decent job, moan about it and then live off benefits.
You mutilated yourself out of general employment, it wasn't a bloody accident!
(my blood gets up on this subject due to an attention seeking cousin...)

I had someone come on for a job interview with a tattoo on his forehead that read "**** OFF" done in Indian Ink.

As this role was customer facing he didn't get the job. Also the fact he turned up smelling of drink, wearing a tracksuit and showed more interest in the contents of his nose that he was picking made me think he possibly was forced to come along for the interview which was setup via my head office and the Jobcentre.

And he wasn't the worst.

Does the neck count, it hasn't stopped abby sciuto from getting a job with NCIS.

images

Its the younger immature self not doing the older, wiser self any favours. That terrible hair cut you had when you were 17 is temporary, that terrible face tattoo you had when you were 22 sticks with you for life, you either regret it, or pretend (maybe) you don't regret it and defend the decision to everyone important you meet. If the tattoo matches your long term lifestyle, good for you, but I didn't know what my long term lifestyle was going to be mid twenties, probably still don't :D

Got three friend who have facial and neck tattoo's. Two are both tattoo artists and own there own studios so obvioulsy can get away with it. The other dosen't and has struggled most of his life to get a job that isn't shift work in a factory. As Det says its your life to do with as you please but unless your going to go self employeed your going to struggle with a facial tattoo.

On a side note one of the tattooists has his own laser removal clinic. Speaking to him he makes more out of that removing mainly neck,throat and hand tattoos from 25 - 28 year olds that his actual tattoo shop.

Does the neck count, it hasn't stopped abby sciuto from getting a job with NCIS.

images
That's because she is an actress. And we all know they get away with murder.

Tbh I find tattoos hit and miss. The kinda thing you'd enjoy being on a one night stand than on the girl you take home to see your parents.

Double standards maybe, but that's my feelings.

Actors often fall into stereotypes too, a tattoo may help in some instances and there's always vocal work..

If people have face tattoos and want to get an office job there are always makeup technicians out there that could cover it up with a few pounds of bronzer.

In the case here, you'd think growing a beard would make it barely visible, or at least cover it enough it wouldn't draw attention.

I do not think any face/head/hand or neck tattoos are acceptable at all, I just think they look horrid, I do have a few tattoos but I can hide mine under a shirt.

I have just seen McDonalds latest wrap advert and their is a girl working behind the counter with visible tattoos (neck).

In the case here, you'd think growing a beard would make it barely visible, or at least cover it enough it wouldn't draw attention.

For now maybe, but you can almost guarantee that he won't stop there. It would be interesting to see him and his girlfriend in 5 yrs time.

Along with sleeves, outrageous coloured hair, and ridiculous orange tans, face tattoos are yet another way for a person to show how 'individual' they are. But definitely not attention seekers, no, not at all :facepalm:.

I'm sorry, but you can't do something that society would find odd looking (next time you see a face tattoo, try ignoring it), then wonder why it's hard to get a job! It makes me laugh when people say that they don't judge people on how they look, what a crock of crap. We do it every day, possibly subconsciously, but normally not.

You wanna look different? Fine, fill yer boots. Just don't whine like a baby because not everyone else shares your 'vision'. Clowns!

Edit; I just clicked on the skim link in my post, as I was curious what 'Yer boots' could be. It's a very tenuous link to a product on a well known site!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen a painting or poster I'd like to stare at for decades. So why get a tattoo?

I thought hair doesn't grow on scars? And aren't tattoos basically scarring your body? At least my tattoos are hairless and the skin is raised up as if scarred.

I'd hazard a guess that any kind of beard he tried to grow would be pretty damn patchy... and funny... and ugly.

I have never seen a painting or poster I'd like to stare at for decades. So why get a tattoo?
Not a fan of art then? Monet Waterlillies and Japanese Bridge... my favorite painting ever. Stood in front of it at the Smithsonian about 5 years ago for 30 mins straight and the only reason I moved on was because I wanted to see the rest of the art before it closed for the day. Even shed a tear. Art has the power to move you if you can get into it.

Water-Lilies-and-Japanese-Bridge-(1897-1899)-Monet.jpg

Not a fan of art then? Monet Waterlillies and Japanese Bridge... my favorite painting ever. Stood in front of it at the Smithsonian about 5 years ago for 30 mins straight and the only reason I moved on was because I wanted to see the rest of the art before it closed for the day. Even shed a tear. Art has the power to move you if you can get into it.

Water-Lilies-and-Japanese-Bridge-(1897-1899)-Monet.jpg
Not really interested in art. Although the detail in that painting looks stunning.
What was it about it that made you feel emotional? Or is that an internal girl-o-meter thing?
Genuinely interested btw.

Btw, isn't that a copyright violation? :p

Not really interested in art. Although the detail in that painting looks stunning.
What was it about it that made you feel emotional? Or is that an internal girl-o-meter thing?
Genuinely interested btw.

Btw, isn't that a copyright violation? :p

I think it's bang out of order, taking the piss out of @Det like this.

If he wants to cry like a big sissy-baby-girl, then thats up to her.

I think it's bang out of order, taking the piss out of @Det like this.

If he wants to cry like a big sissy-baby-girl, then thats up to her.
Oooo someone's got a sweet spot for another "member" :love:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom