Face/Off Sequel (TBC)

Drax1

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Paramount is in the early stages of putting together a remake of Face/Off. It's a completely different cast from the 1997 action fest which starred Nicholas Cage and John Travolta. It's being scripted by Oren Uziel and David Permit produces.
I'm not sure a remake can pull the same quirky premise off twice though. It got a pass from me after using such a preposterous story and it's two leads going ott off the scale (not to mention some fine Woo action). Anyway, like it or not, looks like it's coming

Paramount Plans A "Face/Off" Remake - Dark Horizons

Oren Uziel writer of 22 Jump Street, The Cloverfield Paradox

You do easily do those face swapping effects on your PC or phones now,
so no longer a show stopper. Should be a reality cheap production fx wise.

Edit -I can't recall the fx of the original guess they just had actors playing each other, after face surgery so no fx needed..

i did love the premise of the original I need a rewatch.

Last edited:
Oren Uziel writer of 22 Jump Street, The Cloverfield Paradox

You do easily do those face swapping effects on your PC or phones now,
so no longer a show stopper.

i did love the premise of the original

The writer's above projects don't exactly inspire much confidence unfortunately...

So which stars do you bring abroad to make it a hit, Cruise would be top on the list.:cool:

So which stars do you bring abroad to make it a hit, Cruise would be top on the list.:cool:
He could share top billing with Chris Hemsworth. :D I'm not sure Thor would much like being 5 ft 6" though...

I'll be very surprised if Paramount don't have a gender change and do a female led project. Daisy Ridley and Scarlett Johansson would fit the bill if need be...:love:

Hard to imagine why anyone would pick this for a remake...

It was bollocks the first time round and now the idea is done, it’s a one off kind of thing I’d have thought.

hard to imagine 2 more repellant “stars “ than the original - ugh

The original was supposed to be set in the future but the preposterous idea was changed to present day. I suppose a revisit could set it in the future. Throw in some of those holograms floating around too to sell the futurism.

I liked it, but I'm a John Woo fan :love:

I saw on twitter someone suggest Tilda Swinton & Cate Blanchette - could work. Everything Tilda touches is gold.

I'm guessing to change things up they might go with a male & female?

However, if they decided to go with an "ethnic" swap it would just turn out comedic...

I thought Cage and Travolta played each other's roles brilliantly, Oscar's worthy performances.

I saw on twitter someone suggest Tilda Swinton & Cate Blanchette - could work. Everything Tilda touches is gold.

I'd raise you Tilda and Charlize Theron. Especially after the latter's performance in Atomic Blonde.

So which stars do you bring aboard to make it a hit

little_britain_lou_andy.jpg

I'm not sure what they could add to an already excellent film IMO.

I would rather they remake the south korean film Devil's game, it's a different take on Face Off.

I'm guessing to change things up they might go with a male & female?

However, if they decided to go with an "ethnic" swap it would just turn out comedic...
Would it be called "face" off then or something else off :(

I can eat a peach for hours.

Not a bad idea actually. Ripe for a remake.

And I may regret saying this but.....why not have two females in the lead. Charlize Theron and.......someone else very tall?

One thing that got me with Face Off was the face stroking, it was stupid, people that have watched it will know what I mean.

One thing that got me with Face Off was the face stroking, it was stupid, people that have watched it will know what I mean.

as much as I love Face/Off... we mercilessly rip it over that face rubbing every time we watch it :laugh:. It's much more ridiculous than any of the unbelievable OTT action stuff it's packed to the gills with.

I don't see why it couldn't work if they gender swapped it. Hopefully they'll still keep the absolute loon character vs the stop at nothing character dynamic of the original... and that it ends up as a better than average body-swap flick just like the Cage/Travolta version.
Maybe fewer white doves flying around, though. And the occasional reloading of weapons might be nice this time.

They should reboot it as sequel 'TAKEN/OFF'

It was bollocks the first time round and now the idea is done, it’s a one off kind of thing I’d have thought.

Oioi thats enough of that type of talk around here :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom