Fable 2 review scores

OXM is not the most reliable magazine going.

Would rather judge the game myself.

OXM is not the most reliable magazine going.

Would rather judge the game myself.
I agree, although in fairness to them they don't just hand out blanket high scores to all games, they will mark down titles that are not very good, just not very much.

They just have a much closer scale in general, so the majority of games end up between 7 and 10...

What did they say then? Can't access link at work! :(

What did they say then? Can't access link at work! :(

The link isn;t the review, just news that hes confirming the score

Official Xbox Magazine senior editor Ryan McCaffrey confirmed Fable II (9.5) score to be legit in a comment at NeoGaf forums.

Edge have given a glowing review and a 9.

"It's a game that builds gradually and then becomes irrestible, a beautiful lump of an RPG that continues beyond the close of its main campaign, and will have you thinking about it when you're not at your 360."

Edge have given a glowing review and a 9.

"It's a game that builds gradually and then becomes irrestible, a beautiful lump of an RPG that continues beyond the close of its main campaign, and will have you thinking about it when you're not at your 360."

Sounds excellent!

I always worry when there's a review embargo for heavily hyped games. so its good to see edge give it a high score. Reaaly looking forward to this one, man i wish other retailers would break the street date.

Our embargo on reviews ends tomorrow - so its not like they are trying to hide a bad game - trust me on that one, especially one nearing game of the year status ;o)

I'm really glad it's getting good reviews, I've been waiting for this for years =(

Eurogamer have reviewed it (SPOILER) 10/10

just read the eurogamer review. There was almost nothing negative in it. Looks like PM has come up with the goods this time! roll on friday.

I'm not normally one for these type of games, but it does look good. Saw the preview on playr yesterday and it looked incredible. Might have to take my first dive into RPG heaven

I'm not normally one for these type of games, but it does look good. Saw the preview on playr yesterday and it looked incredible. Might have to take my first dive into RPG heaven

Crap, that reminds me, I forgot to record Playr yesterday :(

9.5 from ign.com.

Link

Was going to ignore this title, but the reviews and a lack of willpower FORCED me to get the card out.

Stupid time of year for all these games, wouldn't have been so bad without two football games being released as those are the types I play the most.

There's loads of reviews out now. Most say it's very good, the main complaints seem to be the world is more linear than open, the magic is underpowered compared to swording/shooting and the conversation-interactions are silly and out of sync with the tone of the rest of the game.

Sounds really good and different to other RPGs (Oblivion etc) so looking forwards to this.

9.5 from ign.com.

Link

Read the review and then watched the review video.
Weird that the written review gave it 9.5 and then the video reviewer said it wasn't as good as Oblivion or Mass Effect and didn't seem too excited about it. :rolleyes: Oh well. Co-Op play apparently not that great either (according to video review)
Still buying it though.

Read the review and then watched the review video.
Weird that the written review gave it 9.5 and then the video reviewer said it wasn't as good as Oblivion or Mass Effect and didn't seem too excited about it. :rolleyes: Oh well. Co-Op play apparently not that great either (according to video review)
Still buying it though.

The 9.5 review score from IGN UK, whereas the video review was provided by the US site which gave it 8.8, then the Australian reviewer gave it 9.2, it really is a slightly weird system for a web site to have.

Gamespot review is out.

Fable II for Xbox 360 Review - Xbox 360 Fable II Review

Good

• Huge world to explore with tons of awesome details
  • Your pet dog provides a strong emotional link to Albion
  • Laugh-out-loud funny
  • Lots of different quest types
  • Enchanting graphics and moving music.
Bad

• Making money is way too easy
  • Story and characters lack depth
  • Good and evil paths donÂ’t seem well-balanced
  • Lousy map.

Overall 8.5

keep track of it on Gamerankings.com

bought the 1 one 2nd hand but never really got into it. Think i bought Mass Effect about 3 days later which made me forget all about it :rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom