FA Cup 2011/12

Munkey Boy

Distinguished Member
Great draw for City, should be a cracker! :)

The draw for the third round of the FA Cup has been made at Wembley. Manchester City, the holders, have been drawn at home to Manchester United.

Other highlights of the draw include Arsenal against Leeds and non-league Tamworth playing away to Everton. Chelsea have drawn Portsmouth at home, Tottenham will play Cheltenham at home and Liverpool will be at home to Southend or Oldham. Stoke, last year's beaten finalists, will play away at Gillingham.

The matches will be played on the weekend of 7 and 8 January.

Middlesbrough v Shrewsbury

Nottingham Forest v Leicester City

Manchester City v Manchester United

Dagenham & Redbridge or Walsall v Millwall

Crawley v Bristol City

Doncaster v Notts County

Bristol Rovers v Aston Villa

Tottenham Hotspur v Cheltenham

Sheffield Wednesday v West Ham United

Milton Keynes Dons v QPR

Hull City v Ipswich

Coventry v Southampton

Brighton & Hove Albion v Wrexham

Fulham v Charlton

Birmingham v Wolves

Norwich v Burnley

Arsenal v Leeds

Derby v Crystal Palace

Fleetwood or Yeovil v Blackpool

Swindon v Wigan

Barnsley v Swansea

Chelmsford or Macclesfield v Bolton

Newcastle v Blackburn

Everton v Tamworth

Sheffield United v Salisbury or Grimsby

Liverpool v Southend or Oldham

Gillingham v Stoke

Chelsea v Portsmouth

Watford v Bradford

Peterborough v Sunderland

West Brom v Cardiff

Reading v Stevenage

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/dec/04/manchester-city-united-fa-cup

Last edited:

Bloodzeed

Distinguished Member
Manchester City v Manchester United

I should be going to this one with my brother should be a good game.

jassco

Distinguished Member
Other highlights of the draw include Arsenal against Leeds and non-league Tamworth playing away to Everton. Chelsea have drawn Portsmouth at home, Tottenham will play Cheltenham at home and Liverpool will be at home to Southend or Oldham. Stoke, last year's beaten finalists, will play away at Gillingham.

I'm confused as to why all of these are 'highlights'? I could understand if they were derbies, PL v PL games or PL v non-league games, but they just look like normal FA cup games to me, which aren't really any different to any other 'non-highlights' games.

But anyway... Sunderland will be going out at the first opportunity ;):(

IL Cattivo

Would like to think that Tamworth would get some LIVE TV coverage at Goodison Park for their early exit... :D

:eek:

And Downing.

Also laid it on a plate to Carroll and he missed a sitter form 5 yards, scores a peach from 20 yards and fluffs form 5

Soundburst

In Memoriam
Racist abuse at anfield tonight apparently. All over twitter :(

I think it's because of Liverpool openly supporting with the t shirts when Suarez had said "I don't talk to blacks" and him telling evra he kicked him because he was black.

By supporting that via t shirts etc it seems the fans want to jump in on the action.

Racist abuse at anfield tonight apparently. All over twitter :(

I think it's because of Liverpool openly supporting with the t shirts when Suarez had said "I don't talk to blacks" and him telling evra he kicked him because he was black.

By supporting that via t shirts etc it seems the fans want to jump in on the action.

You would

For all you know it could be another club's supporter purposely causing problems.

How you can say it is because of the t-shirts is beyond me as you do not even know what was said.

As for the bit about Suarez saying "I don't talk to blacks" and telling Evra he kicked him because he was black neither was proven he admitted to using a word he thought was acceptable so don't jump on the bandwagon and use it as an excuse to spout ****.

Last edited:

JimmyMac

Distinguished Member
Oh well if it's on twitter it must be true, I'm sure the daily mirror will confirm it for us in the morning

Edit - interesting, I posted the mirror piece before someone else's edit, how appropriate!

A post on koptalk - 'Good to see Andy Carroll and Stewart Downing find their level' - Championship football all they are good for lol

bigtruck

Distinguished Member
For all you know it could be another club's supporter purposely causing problems.

Do you seriously believe that?
Who? Everton? United?
Blackburn are close enough, Wigan too.
So the price of transport, as ticket and a ridiculous t-shirt x2 to hopefully racially abuse an opposition player?

Honestly?

Do you seriously believe that?
Who? Everton? United?
Blackburn are close enough, Wigan too.
So the price of transport, as ticket and a ridiculous t-shirt x2 to hopefully racially abuse an opposition player?

Honestly?

If it was a racist chant then it's a supporter of no club and they are not worthy to be in any football ground ever again, but until they say what happened and who it was i'll reserve judgement rather than post saying it is down to Suarez apparently saying unproven things to Evra like some on here.

Saldawop

Distinguished Member
If it was a racist chant then it's a supporter of no club and they are not worthy to be in any football ground ever again, but until they say what happened and who it was i'll reserve judgement rather than post saying it is down to Suarez apparently saying unproven things to Evra like some on here.

Racists can't support a football team?

bigtruck

Distinguished Member

You didn't say that though.
You suggested there was something at play.
Some sort of conspiracy perhaps?

EDit - wrt "unproven" - that you don't accept the evidence of 3 members of your own club's staff is unfathomable. It's 3 to 1 from your club. Accept it, move on. As per the other thread. You aren't the victims here.

Last edited:
You didn't say that though.
You suggested there was something at play.
Some sort of conspiracy perhaps?

EDit - wrt "unproven" - that you don't accept the evidence of 3 members of your own club's staff is unfathomable. It's 3 to 1 from your club. Accept it, move on. As per the other thread. You aren't the victims here.

It could well be, I cannot see a Liverpool fan being stupid enough to say something racist to someone one the pitch especially with the limelight on our club.

Who's to say it isn't some mindless yob who thought he would stir up trouble, I'm sure it's happened in the past supporters going to a match where they do not support either club just to cause trouble.

Also as for the Suarez thing I didn't know three people from our club and come out and said he said those exact words to Evra, who confirmed that?

bigtruck

Distinguished Member
It could well be, I cannot see a Liverpool fan being stupid enough to say something racist to someone one the pitch especially with the limelight on our club.

Who's to say it isn't some mindless yob who thought he would stir up trouble, I'm sure it's happened in the past supporters going to a match where they do not support either club just to cause trouble.

Also as for the Suarez thing I didn't know three people from our club and come out and said he said those exact words to Evra, who confirmed that?

Conspiracies abound.

Comolli (sp) Dalglish & Kuyt all gave the same evidence; consistent evidence that undermimed Suarez and supported Evra. You're picking your words carefully, you know full well that "King Kenny", Comolli(sp) and Kuyt gave damning evidence.
This point "you" are driving is futile.

Conspiracies abound.

Comolli (sp) Dalglish & Kuyt all gave the same evidence; consistent evidence that undermimed Suarez and supported Evra. You're picking your words carefully, you know full well that "King Kenny", Comolli(sp) and Kuyt gave damning evidence.
This point "you" are driving is futile.

Oh right so nobody actually said he said those words to Evra, yes futile is the word i'd use as well :rolleyes:

If 3 people had said he said those words he would have been found guiilty by more than probability don't you think.

At the end of the day I am under the belief than if you are not proved guilty then you should not be hung,drawn and quartered. At this rate I can see Suarez's career in England being finished due to people believing the headlines in the papers even after the FA & Evra said he is not racist.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Large Screen HDR TV or Projector For Home Cinema + Best of the Month

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 24th February 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
LG opens up webOS platform to TV manufacturers
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
NAD launches MDC USB DSD upgrade module
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published