FA Cup 17/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t say it was a god given right.
So why is it absurd not to go to the game? Most of us have got financial constraints of one sort or another. Or else time constraints. Or both.

So why is it absurd not to go to the game? Most of us have got financial constraints of one sort or another. Or else time constraints. Or both.
I wasn’t aiming that at your personally.

Your reply to high ticket prices was to just stop going to the game. For a lot of people that’s not really something to consider.

To try and explain, I can not understand people who pay £8 for a pack of cigarettes. How much would they have to go up by before someone like that would “stop paying it”

I don’t understand your comments. And get again we see the word “elite” banded about as an insult. Great to see.

The original point was quite correctly pointing out that the FA want to fleece the fans by firstly having the semi finals at Wembley, then by hiking up the prices.

Your response “stop going to the game” is absurd as there are loyal fans up and down the country that simply could not contemplate that. Bit easier for you I think.
As I’m ignoring certain members on here I can see where this is going, these will be the same people who then call fans for not selling out there allocation or the empty seats brigade. The last two seasons thanks to pressure from loyal fans prices for away games were capped at £30 instead of say £62 away at Arsenal! Maybe the FA and Wembley should take a leaf out of their book, but no fans have to pay for a stadium grossly over budget and in the wrong place in the country, but that’s a different matter.

I wasn’t aiming that at your personally.

Your reply to high ticket prices was to just stop going to the game. For a lot of people that’s not really something to consider.

To try and explain, I can not understand people who pay £8 for a pack of cigarettes. How much would they have to go up by before someone like that would “stop paying it”

Not having a dig, but this is the paradox. These loyal fans are part of the problem in many respects as you keep paying the prices.

The powers that be know that for fans like you (no offence intended, in many ways its a testament to your loyalty) not going isn't an option.

I used to go to many more games than I currently do (as a Student I went very frequently as money and time were of no importance) and to be honest now the money side of things is a secondary concern to the time aspect - however there's no way I'd pay £200-odd+ a month to go to Utd even if I had the time to go. I'd rather spend that money on a family trip to Florida :)

It's a good debate. I think maverick mentioned the German pricing. Is that determined by the German FA, the clubs or together? IMO the FA and big clubs here are too greedy to do something similar.

It's a good debate. I think maverick mentioned the German pricing. Is that determined by the German FA, the clubs or together? IMO the FA and big clubs here are too greedy to do something similar.
Bayern is owned mostly by the fans I believe so they set their prices, as for the rest of the Bundesliga I couldn’t say without google.

Bayern is owned mostly by the fans I believe so they set their prices, as for the rest of the Bundesliga I couldn’t say without google.
That wouldn’t stop anyone else from commenting on here mate, go for it !!

Well googled there Sir !!!

Maybe fans could protest at the semi-finals?

“What do we want?!”

“An independent enquiry into ticket pricing, taking into account the effect of the globalisation of football, socio-economic factors, and the influence of foreign investment and tv rights on the beautiful game!”

“When do we want it?!

“NOW!”

Looking forward to watching the semi finals this year. A Spurs v Chelsea final would be a good one for the neutral, obviously.

Looking forward to watching the semi finals this year. A Spurs v Chelsea final would be a good one for the neutral, obviously.

normally i would but ever since the greedy F.A. held the semi finals it's lost it appeal for me, it also spoils the final as 2 of the teams will have already played there, one of the best things about the F.A cup was that moment reaching the final and having that day at wembley.

normally i would but ever since the greedy F.A. held the semi finals it's lost it appeal for me, it also spoils the final as 2 of the teams will have already played there, one of the best things about the F.A cup was that moment reaching the final and having that day at wembley.
Yeah, think that's something we can all agree on. Moving the semi finals to Wembley was a travesty

I honestly don't have a good feeling about tomorrow. We aren't playing that well at the moment, and if anyone knows how to frustrate a side it's Mourinho.
I'm on a reunion this weekend so will be watching with a couple of Utd fans and quite a few beers.

If we win, I may pop in, if not enjoy your weekend :D

I honestly don't have a good feeling about tomorrow. We aren't playing that well at the moment, and if anyone knows how to frustrate a side it's Mourinho.
I'm on a reunion this weekend so will be watching with a couple of Utd fans and quite a few beers.

If we win, I may pop in, if not enjoy your weekend :D
Should be a good game
Mourinho doesn’t need to frustrate you to win. The team is good enough to win outright. But who knows how Mourinho will set up

I think Spurs win today. And I expect it to be fairly comfortable for them. I also expect the regulars to come back in to the side at the expense of Martial etc. Rashford may keep his place but will be played on the right.

I'm expecting a Spurs win too unless United are up for it and go for it.

Come on Spurs ;)

Come on yooooooooooooo Spurs !!!

I'd like to think Utd will do the business... It would hardly be a Wigan-esque upset if Spurs won though.

I'd like to think Utd will do the business... It would hardly be a Wigan-esque upset if Spurs won though.
Nope. Definitely not the same scale as that. Or Bristol City.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom