1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F894 error code?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by nonlinear, Jul 4, 2002.

1. nonlinear

nonlinear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Panasonic dvd-A160 which has been working happily for the last couple of years, it even survived a DIY chipping :)

I turned it on this evening got the usual welcome message then up comes 'F894' & the machine just locks, only thing i can do is switch off.

Did a bit iff searching & the only thing i found about F894 was some bloke bought a denon player which had the same code on it out of the box & denon tech support couldn't even tell him what it meant.

So if anyone knows what this code means, I'd be grateful.

(personally I think it means, 'this machines buggered, go buy a new one')

cheers.:)

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think it means ( from memory) that the player cannot access the eeprom to read it's setup data ..... the eeprom is the 25020 chip that you soldered the modchip onto so you can see what you should be checking :)

3. nonlinear

nonlinear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for that whynotchipit. Doesn't sound too pleasant. Any idea what the cost of repair would be or do you reckon it's a bin job?

thanks again.

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just check your chip installation ... it most likely the problem