F1 Turkish GP 13th - 15th Nov '20

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Turkish.jpg

Channel 4 Highlights

Saturday Qualifying 4:30pm-6:00pm

Sunday Race 4:00pm-6:30pm

Thanks for the heads-up, especially w.r.t. the schedule. I like to think we would've sussed it, and not ended up disappointed, but much appreciated!

Rubbish FP3, no one can keep it on the black stuff

i like a bit of rain to spice things up , but that was a bit much for me

i like a bit of rain to spice things up , but that was a bit much for me

Wasn't the rain as much as the new track surface and its greasy oils coming to the surface. Hopefully not replicated tomorrow. I like to see drivers tested, but don't want to see a 'last man standing' type race.

yeah , all this hype about going back to Turkey and it turns out its a shit show of a track surface

Early start today people - just about to go green

I’m there, thanks for heads up

Still looking rather moist out there

Let's just see. Personally I think it might just about be ready to go red after the first lap, if the green flag lap isn't chaos of course and it's flagged before the start!

Some haven't even made it this far without an incident!

In before the race start. Just watched the quali highlights. I dig him out often enough so fair play to Lance for P1

Roman in the gravel - not F1 standard for a while, but next season will be quieter without Roman doing something

Prediction = Five cars take each other out on lap 1. Maybe the owner of F1 should pay circuits to relay the track surface...

Another boring race....... NOT!

That was good. Those conditions were much better than yesterday. Certainly sorted the men from the boys

That was good! Well done Lewis.

And I was completely wrong - no red flags, not even a (proper) safety car. We need more races during early spring/late autumn. :)

Great to see Vettel on the podium too.

Lewis showing the way to his 7th title. Seriously well balanced drive, and showing the other 'slippery conditions' master how its done. Missed not seeing the victory doughnuts and crowd roar though. I thought Bottas would have faired better under these conditions. Good to see Perez and Vettel bring it home too (though Vettel's was a victor of his team mates late lunge). Will be a travesty if Perez doesn't get a seat for next year. Who wouldn't want to see him in other Red Bull.

Think the secret was Slicks, bear with me! Ham had inters on but wore the tread down so effectively slicks, slicks with heat in them

Last edited:
Great race - full of entertainment and unknowns....

Lewis once again showing his total class as a driver - cream always comes to the top.

People rant on about the "car" etc - the fact he lapped his own team mate in the same car shows the difference in his level of driving.

I agree - Perez is the better driver for me and I suspect this was Albons last chance to nail down that drive. For someone who is 4th in the drivers championship, missed 2 races from Covid and doesn't have a seat next year is crazy.....

Props to Lewis - 7th title - unstoppable - 8 should be pretty easy with little/no changes in the regs for next year unless Red Bull really find something between now and next year.

Congrats to Lewis. Completely worth his 7 titles and right up there with the best and most entertaining drivers of the modern era. I was also really happy to see Vettel get his reward for a great drive - Leclerc will have many more podiums I'm sure. It's a bit embarassing for Lawerence Stroll to be keeping Lance over the clearly superior Perez. I just hope that Red Bull do give Checo a seat because he is clearly a very quick racer.

I dunno Lance was driving a good race and proving everyone wrong out in front for the majority of the race. If he hadn't come in who knows.

Big congratulations to Lewis on Title 7

Perez is a pay driver but is a reliable points scorer and can manage tyres. Lance and the tyre graining did it for his race

Good recovery drive for the two Ferrari as well

Some excuse about front wing damage doing in Stroll, yet no one knows where he did it ?
Bottas collected another end plate in his barge boards for the second week running . His own I think.
There is no doubt that Lewis found his groove. Once you hear him complaining you know he is about to light up the timing screens

RP really screwed Stroll over. He was doing well. Admittedly Perez was in striking distance of an overtake, but it's not always easy to overtake the same car.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom