• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

F1 Russian GP 25th - 27th Sep '20

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Russian.jpg

Channel 4 Highlights

Saturday Qualifying 6:30pm-8:00pm

Sunday Race 5:30pm-8:00pm

wiz

Distinguished Member
Privet!

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Crazy quali for Hamilton. Wonder what the strategists will engineer for him (having to start on the soft tyre). Superb job from Verstappen, not so good from Bottas.

LotusElan

Distinguished Member
Vettel must be counting down the days until the end of this season.

And perhaps Alonso has a slightly wry smile ahead of next year now, as it looks like he might not be inheriting a complete lemon.

Scootpb

Established Member
Max played that absolutely fantastically, and credit to his race engineer. Stealing a tow off Bottas on his out lap most definitely led to that P2.
I'm hoping this might turn out to be an actual fight through to the end for once.

John

if lewis had done the starts where it was mandated he wouldnt have had a problem

Mclaren dropped the ball this afternoon , they should have covered off Albon with their own 2nd pitstop

Russ_64

Prominent Member
Seems odd that LH didn’t know the requirements or was this a one-off ruling?

sagaris99

Prominent Member
if lewis had done the starts where it was mandated he wouldnt have had a problem

Mclaren dropped the ball this afternoon , they should have covered off Albon with their own 2nd pitstop

He asked the team twice if it was ok, and both times they confirmed it was.

Yet another example of the punishment not fitting the crime. Either a grid penalty or monetary fine, not penalties and super license points. It neutered the racing from the get go. Made me wonder if the punishments given are harsher in order to try and mix it up - as they were 'discretionary' rules he broke.

Still unclear why Leclerc escaped punishment for ending Stroll's race, a mirror incident of Hamilton/Albon in Austria.

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Made me wonder if the punishments given are harsher in order to try and mix it up - as they were 'discretionary' rules he broke.

After the last race with at least one unnecessary red flag, it's started me to also wonder if decisions are starting to lean towards the 'entertainment' aspect. If so, that fell well short today.

Every cloud....

Clowns shouldn't have given him those in the first place.

Russ_64

Prominent Member
At least the stewards reviewed the team / driver comms and have rescinded the penalty points and instead fined the team for giving LH incorrect instructions.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Haha Bottas. “For my critics...”, qualified P3 and Hamilton took a 10 second penalty. Wouldn’t have won otherwise.
LeClerc is still doing well in that Ferrari.
good mid field battles. Albon must be gone next season.
Oh dear Sainz.

Steven

Senior Moderator
The real issue is Russia, or at least this specific track, needs removing from the calendar because it is boring. Put aside the crashing into the temporary chicane, which you assume will be configured differently next year, and the actual on track action and overtaking was meh

Last edited:

booyaka

Bottas just embarrassed himself at the end.

Hamilton would have cruised home without the silly penalties and to claim some massive victory is just pathetic. I did find it funny that Lewis took the towel and hat from the P1 stand at the end! :laugh: :laugh:

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
Bottas just embarrassed himself at the end.

Hamilton would have cruised home without the silly penalties and to claim some massive victory is just pathetic. I did find it funny that Lewis took the towel and hat from the P1 stand at the end! :laugh: :laugh:
Haha, I missed that.

KyleS1

Distinguished Member
That's the thing about Bottas, he is a good driver, just not exceptional. There are few drivers that are exceptional, Lewis, Max, and Charles is well on his way, but he is also boring. He has very little personality.
I'd love to see Ricciardo back in a top seat, and hopefully MacLaren can provide that, as he is doing pretty well in the Renault, he is fun to watch and has a great personality.

Steven

Senior Moderator
The sport is also timing with the seat and engine regulations. A four times world champion is out-crashing Grosjean at the moment

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom