F1 Mexican GP 25th - 27th Oct '19

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Mexico.jpg

Channel 4 Highlights

Saturday Qualifying 10:45pm-12:15am

Sunday Race 11:00pm-1:00am

Any word on the Renault brake bias ruling yet ?

Any word on the Renault brake bias ruling yet ?

One has to wonder how many races Renult had been using this until it was spotted on Dany Rics helmet cam on YouTube. Also both drivers had to be aware of it .

Another weekend for Ferrari me thinks. That straight...

Maybe , this track eats tyres though and previous races have shown the most poweful is not a match for a great chassis.

One has to wonder how many races Renult had been using this until it was spotted on Dany Rics helmet cam on YouTube. Also both drivers had to be aware of it .

The helmet cam was from the Barcelona test wasnt it ? So every race then

The helmet cam was from the Barcelona test wasnt it ? So every race then

Was not sure and why giving grace to Renult. If though this is the case then one race penalty was , is not sufficient.

Last edited:
Forgot about these new video game graphics at Suzuka. Seems like they can be ignored anyway...

Remember the enhanced sector time graphics , the every 100m ones. I liked them until I realised I was watching for purple dots rather than the cars

They are trying things to appeal to a new audience, I get that, but it shouldn't be graphics on the screen. 18inch wheels are a step in the right direction. Especially if the teams don't like it

Looking like Max could be penalised for ignoring yellow flags. He pretty much admitted it in the presser.
And if you're going to hit the tech techpro, that's not how you want to do it. Wonder if they will/can change the profile

Yeah that barrier was pretty poorly thought out. I bet they do change it before the race.

So Max does get penalised and rightly so I think. Talk about hang yourself out to dry. My biggest concern now is how hard he'll try to recover positions at the start. Hope he doesn't have a hot head moment and tangle (literally) with Lewis in front.

Yeah that barrier was pretty poorly thought out. I bet they do change it before the race.

So Max does get penalised and rightly so I think. Talk about hang yourself out to dry. My biggest concern now is how hard he'll try to recover positions at the start. Hope he doesn't have a hot head moment and tangle (literally) with Lewis in front.

my only surprise regarding verstappen's penalty is how his fan base think he's been victimised and bullied by the "corrupt FIA" it was a slam dunk nailed on penality applied fairly.

I've watched F1 long enough to have actually seen the FIA make some dubiously dodgy calls, but this wasn't one of them.

it's almost as if they think the usual rules aren't applicable to him, like a few seasons ago when they didn't see anything wrong with the way he completely cut the corner to overtake raikkonen at austin.

if it weren't for kubica's fanbase with their excuses and conspiracy theories, I'd say that verstappen's fans have been the most myopic and blinkered fans in the last 10 years or so, and maybe more.

Looking foward to this one , Sunday dinner on me lap and a cold beer in hand. A good ol tussle between the two Ferraris off the start and a hot Max with Lewis trying to get out the firing line . It could ( hopefully ) be a cracker .

Why was Brundle prattling on about punching hole in the air when there isn't any😁

Deffo Mad Max now!🤣

Get within a second on the car in front on this track and the brakes boil . Good call from Merc to keep Lewis out on a one stop , even though he didn't agree .

Hard fought win from team Merc . Damage also on Hamilton's car from the Max scrape at the start makes it a huge effort on such a long run on those tyres .

A travistry that Max got driver of the day when his own mistake in qualifying cost him and then he carried that red mist into the race , that was the Max of old .

Believe Lewis will be very, more than happy to claim the drivers championship in Austin .

Enjoyed that. Really expected Vettel to be able to pressure Hamilton near the end though, and/or Bottas pressure Vettel. I guess the heat problems (and high altitude) is one reason I don't normally like this track. Max has made a thing of finding passing on track where you shouldn't normally be able to. It bit him in the ar*se today.

That podium stunt may have just out-s****ed the U.S next week. 'And still he rises' :laugh:

fwtIFqL.png

this is what I'm not going to miss about kubica when he's gone at the end of this season.

his fans are the worst I've ever witnessed in F1. no other fan base comes close.

Last edited:
Missed this one. I saw in the highlights that LH won but not enough to clench the championship (needs 4points extra in Austin to do it?)

Interestingly, saw the strategy and pitstop of LeClerc - are Ferrari deliberately short changing him? I mean I know it sounds a bit "tin foil hat/conspiracy theory" but they gave him a very poor strategy c.f. SV and a crap pitstop too. I just keep remembering that near the beginning of the season Team Principle emphatically said SV was their number 1, but then in season CL goes on to comprehensively out perform him to the point he was ahead of him in overall points.....I just get the feeling Ferrari are desperate NOT to have CL outscore SV by the end of the season - hence the weird strategy decisions that will no doubt "magically" demote CL from leading to 4th...
...yes, again, I know it all sounds a bit ridiculous but it will be interesting in Austin/
Sao Paulo/Yas Marina how Ferrari "deal with" LeClerc's 6 point overall championship lead over SV ;) :D

They would be utterly stupid to intentionally screw up LeClercs races. Redbull are looking stronger now, and I'm sure they could find him a seat, that or Mercedes as a Bottas replacement...

I don't think LH at Mercedes would ever be happy with CL as team mate in the same way as Ferrari would never be happy with LH as their driver :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom