F1 Manager 22

Matt Wood

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Seen some trailers for this and liking the look of it. Watched someone who got a hands on preview and there is so much to do. at first it’ll probably feel overwhelming until players get used to it but looking forward to playing it. Graphics are also pretty damn good for a management game. Will you get it and which team will you choose? I’ll avoid the big ones and maybe choose a team like Williams or haas for a challenge.. Release August 25th. Out on PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, and PC. Definitely PC for me.

Will probably pick this up too. The closest we've had is probably Motorsport Manager and this looks to be a big improvement on that game. Nice that they have the official licence. Will give a go at getting Williams back to the top.

This is available on cdkeys to preorder for £27.99 38% off. I’ve just got it. Now I have to wait until August 30th.

A little bit unrelated but didn't want to start a new thread..

I'm trying to pre-order the champions edition for F1 22 but every time i select it on origin it takes me to the standard edition?

Any ideas?

The more I see of f1 manager 22 the more I’m impressed. Anyone that hasn’t seen the behind the scenes clips. This is one of them. Can’t believe how far they’ve gone to get the realism right. A shame they didn’t get the rights to the EA game. Imagine how good that would be.

The early access has gone live today. I'll try & watch a few gameplay videos later & see if it's worth picking up now or later when discounted.

The early access has gone live today. I'll try & watch a few gameplay videos later & see if it's worth picking up now or later when discounted.
Been playing it since it went live at 3pm. While it’s not perfect and I never expected it to be, it is a lot of fun. So much to do. Graphics are just incredible for a management game and I didn’t even have it in 4k. Forgot I Had it on borderless. there Is still the day one patch to come. I’m Williams so first 2 races was 19 & 20 but I’ve some upgrades coming in the next month that will hopefully improve my straight line speed. Time just goes so quick playing this. It’s definitely not a pick up and play.

Been playing it since it went live at 3pm. While it’s not perfect and I never expected it to be, it is a lot of fun. So much to do. Graphics are just incredible for a management game and I didn’t even have it in 4k. Forgot I Had it on borderless. there Is still the day one patch to come. I’m Williams so first 2 races was 19 & 20 but I’ve some upgrades coming in the next month that will hopefully improve my straight line speed. Time just goes so quick playing this. It’s definitely not a pick up and play.
This is what worries me after a long day when I'm a bit tired. Is it possible to play random races or do you have to play through a whole season ?

This is what worries me after a long day when I'm a bit tired. Is it possible to play random races or do you have to play through a whole season ?
You play the whole season. I think it’s unlimited too although it it’ll be interesting to see someone test that.

First race Mclaren finished Ric P11 & Nor P14. Standard tyre strategy for Ric soft, medium, soft & went long with Norris hard & soft's which were cooked for the last 5 laps.

To the people who have played it, how does it compare to Motorsport Manager? I watched a streamed of F1 manager and it looked quite similar.

First race Mclaren finished Ric P11 & Nor P14. Standard tyre strategy for Ric soft, medium, soft & went long with Norris hard & soft's which were cooked for the last 5 laps.
I’m struggling for pace. New underfloor upgrade has arrived but wont be fitted until miami. hoping it’ll give me a bit more straight line speed.

I’m struggling for pace. New underfloor upgrade has arrived but wont be fitted until miami. hoping it’ll give me a bit more straight line speed.
Just like the real thing the DRS train can be a problem. :laugh:

I've refunded for now, will pick it up again when it's had a few bugs ironed out & is discounted.

To the people who have played it, how does it compare to Motorsport Manager? I watched a streamed of F1 manager and it looked quite similar.
Sorry not played Motor Sport Manager.

Do you need to have a really good technical knowledge of F1 cars, and what each upgrade etc will do, or is there a tutorial that guides you through?

Do you need to have a really good technical knowledge of F1 cars, and what each upgrade etc will do, or is there a tutorial that guides you through?
I don’t think you need to have good technical knowledge. You get a tutorial at the beginning where she explains things as you go. Ive been watching others playing on YouTube to give me some idea of what to do so didn’t really need it. If you get it and I highly recommend I’d go with a team either mid table or bottom so the expectations ain’t too high. I went with Williams and until Austria I was finishing 18th and 19th. i Finally got some points at spa where I finished 5th and 13th with help of 2 safety cars. Scored a point at the next one so moving in the right direction. There are a few bugs that need fixing but we still haven’t had the day one patch so they might be then. i had a bug where one of my cars crashed in P1 but had no front wing to replace the damaged one and game wouldn’t leave until I replace it which I couldn’t. luckily it auto saved just before the session so didn’t lose much. There should have been a retire the car option. I’ve since manufactured more of everything so I’m covered now. these are minor niggles for me that I’m sure will be sorted. For their first game though it’s a great start. I’d like to see sprint races added at some point too.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom