Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Italian-2.jpg
(track map updated)

Channel 4 Highlights

Saturday Qualifying 7:30pm-9:00pm

Sunday Race 6:30pm-9:00pm

Last edited:
How many races are channel 4 showing live this season? There has only been 1 or 2 so far hasn't there?

Even though I've been watching motorsport for decades this is, somehow, a new circuit to me! (I knew it existed - just don't recall watching any events held there; we don't watch the bikes)

Even though I've been watching motorsport for decades this is, somehow, a new circuit to me! (I knew it existed - just don't recall watching any events held there; we don't watch the bikes)

Yeah, only time I've seen it before was driving around it in Assetto corsa. Not sure about the race and overtaking, but looking forward to the quali on this 'new' F1 track.

Another red flag, can't see how it can be down to Bottas tbh.

Yeah not much happening in this race

I feel gutted for Russell today. Absolutely deserved some points and would have got them if not for the last restart. Hope he gets them sooner rather than later.

They should take F1 to random tracks every year :p

Rosberg was / is a faster teammate than Bottas. Multiple restarts, multiple chances and Bottas still cannot win the race

Really pleased to see Albon get his first podium.
Other than his driving, this is the first thing I've respected Hamilton for. Good on him for using his position to highlight racism. When people criticise the violence in some protests, I presume that they are delighted to see peaceful protests like this!
I saw a video from F1.com that discussed who was to blame for the restart crash. One of their pundits thought that it was Russel for dropping back a little too far, accelerating to catch up, at the point when the front runners might have been expected to bolt, but then braking when he saw they weren't. The car behind him managed to stop, but the car behind him didn't. What's your thought?

I've seen the restart numerous times and I can't really work out who is at fault, but someone in the midfield made a bad assumption, that caused that crash. They bolted thinking the restart was on but it wasn't, slammed on the anchors but all the cars behind suddenly bolted too. Bad judgement from a few I think.
I like Albon, he has skill, but I almost feel like he stepped up to F1 or at least a big team too soon. He isn't ready for Red Bull or being a team mate to someone like Verstappen.

How is it appalling?
Since you asked...
1) It's bringing politics into sport
2) I dislike people kneeling to anybody else - it's a form of self-abasement that I do not think is appropriate, people should be equal and respect each other on their two feet
3) It feels like Hamilton has strong-armed the rest of the drivers into doing it
4) The association with BLM / Antifa and the violence that is still occurring in the US

Since you asked...
2) I dislike people kneeling to anybody else - it's a form of self-abasement that I do not think is appropriate, people should be equal and respect each other on their two feet
3) It feels like Hamilton has strong-armed the rest of the drivers into doing it
4) The association with BLM / Antifa and the violence that is still occurring in the US
The issue is very real. Why would someone, who has also faced discrimination due to his race, not use a platform to help make people more aware?
It's very easy to ignore it or write it off if you haven't been part of the discrimination, so making it more visual to a wider audience can only be a good thing.

I get why some fans want to keep whatever sport about that sport only. I do not agree American policing is inherently a political subject. Politicians have a role to play sure, but that goes for nearly every aspect of life. There are some issues that cut through party colours. They are about humanity and what kind of society we want for each other.

Years ago Muhammad Ali was criticised for not going to Vietnam and was convicted of refusing the draft. He was on the right side of history.

Ultimately history will judge Lewis.

I fully support Hamilton's right to promote anti-racism using the platform that he has built, but I don't think it should intrude too much into the sport itself.

Since you asked...

If (and it's a big if) this was bringing politics into sport far better on an issue like this than (if every other Russian GP is a guide) FOM spend the next race in Russia cutting to shots of Putin arriving.

Politics is part of sport from who gets the Olympics to who is guest of honour at a Cup Final, so it might as well be used for good.

I fully support Hamilton's right to promote anti-racism using the platform that he has built, but I don't think it should intrude too much into the sport itself.

Smith, Carlos and Norman were on the right side of history in 1968 and Hamilton is here, the idea of keeping sport 'pure' from outside factors/issues is a nonsense.

PS An F1 would be equivalent James Hunt (who I've seen the usual right wingers on social media compare Hamilton to) used his BBC platform to advance his anti-apartheid views.

Last edited:
In that case, you'll be pleased to learn that they aren't kneeing to anybody else. This article explains why Kaepernick (who Hamilton is emulating) knelt during the national anthem, rather than sit it out, which is what he originally did.

It is often forgotten that his initial protest was to remain seated for the national anthem, mirroring a 1996 protest by the NBA basketball player Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, who took the same action citing US tyranny.

It was Nate Boyer, a white former NFL player and army veteran, who advised Kaepernick to take a knee instead of sitting down. Boyer told National Public Radio: “In my opinions and in my experience, kneeling’s never been in our history really seen as a disrespectful act. I mean, people kneel when they get knighted. You kneel to propose to your wife, and you take a knee to pray. And soldiers often take a knee in front of a fallen brother’s grave to pay respects. So I thought, if anything, besides standing, that was the most respectful.”

I'm happy to hear/see a message before and after the GP, but regard the podium celebration part of the GP, and a team/driver celebration of the race results. Felt very much at odds between a message about someone being shot, and spraying champagne everywhere.

Yes but you were saying it was appalling, which it isn't. You may not fully agree with what is being done, but it is important to do it and it's for the right reasons.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom