F1 Italian GP 2nd - 4th September

I agree, tyres are a huge disappointment in F1. I can see what they wanted to achieve, but it has actually done the opposite. The tyres now don't allow the drivers to race, especially as they get eaten up so quickly following behind other cars, which again is made worse by a series of tracks that are extremely poor for overtaking.

Drivers have said they want to push to the max, and the fans want to see it. Lets hope next years tyres can go some way towards that, and the rumoured new management actually listen to what they & we want. Sick of seeing a race decided after the first lap (regardless of who wins), and the gimmicky ideas for making the races less predictable.

How Sundays race might have been transformed had Lewis been able to push as much as his skill would allow, and not his tyres.

Drivers have said they want to push to the max, and the fans want to see it. Lets hope next years tyres can go some way towards that, and the rumoured new management actually listen to what they & we want. Sick of seeing a race decided after the first lap (regardless of who wins), and the gimmicky ideas for making the races less predictable.

How Sundays race might have been transformed had Lewis been able to push as much as his skill would allow, and not his tyres.
I hope so too, but have a bad feeling that aero will limit how close they'll be able to follow around corners, and corner speed is vital.

Agreed on the first part, which I did nod to in my earlier post, without Hamilton's poor start Nico wouldn't have had a look in. But we'll never know about the second part as we never got the chance to see Lewis push. It may very well be the case that Nico had enough to cover a Hamilton charge, but we never see such things happen anymore due to the tyres. A driver doesn't simply lose a half second per lap advantage over his teammate because of a bad start. What I want to see in situations like this is the ability for a quicker driver to chase down his competition (qually style laps), we simply won't see that with the tyres Pirelli are being asked to produce.

Yup I agree , until the idiots in charge of F1 see that punters want to see drivers actually race , rather than looking after tyres this is where we are.

I believe I speak for all ( including the drivers ) that the path F1 has taken is a path that does not work . Having to add DRS for overtaking tells us this is a wrong direction.

2017 is a step in the right direction for mechanical grip, however the cars will be wider and we/they will still see the same problems with aero slip streaming if that aspect is the same.

Gone are the days that two cars on a straight were nose to tail and you couldn't put a fag paper between them , flipping out at the last minute to overtake.

For me what is as bad or worse is the fuel management they have to do.

Hardly mention now by last year they used to show the fuel flow and overall percentage. Remember when smiler lost a podium due to fuel flow being to fast.

Full of petrol, limits to fuel flow and having to finish within parameters and tyres not able to last.

Bring back re fueling so we see fast times through out the race not just at the end.

Let's see what rule changes happen next year, if this deal closes maybe we will see even more.

And also see a bye bye to Bernie, I will however miss his interviews.

Imagine having to chair a conversation with him and kimi....

I wonder if a virgin f1 channel could be in the future given that liberty media own virgin.

I wonder if a virgin f1 channel could be in the future given that liberty media own virgin.

I'd be interested to know about digital expansion, liberty seem interested in moving in to new areas. The main block I can see could be whatever is in that contract with sky. Personally I'd love to see f1 follow the lead of companies like NFL, MLB and wwe, hell even afl and nrl in Australia are doing it with their own networks or apps. I'd happily pay a monthly fee to get great coverage of all events if it wasn't too steep on the price. I won't pay sky sports rates to watch 2 races a month though. The new owners could be a good thing, in site Bernie has done great things to get f1 to where it is but some new pressure from above and ideas could be very welcome next season.

How about f1 in 4k , now that would make me but a 4k TV in a heartbeat !!!

so long as bernievision updates their kit

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom