F1 German GP (Nurburgring) 9th - 11th Oct '20

That wasn’t good sportsmanship IMO. Stirling Moss would of never tried to win like that.
Rosberg then should have used his skills not to get overtaken or overtake Hamilton.
If it's your only chance at a world championship, I don't see a problem. Schumacher certainly did a lot worse...

Rosberg then should have used his skills not to get overtaken or overtake Hamilton.
If it's your only chance at a world championship, I don't see a problem. Schumacher certainly did a lot worse...
So has Hamilton and so Did Rosberg etc etc. Slowing up, they almost came to a complete stop. Hamilton should of used his skills to overtake more during the season.

My point was, that none of them are completely innocent, they all push things to the edge to win at all costs. Perhaps that what Bottas needs to consider.

Is this conversation about sticking your elbows out on track not covering up that Bottas is fast but not quite on Lewis' level. It's all hypothetical and make up whatever but I do think Danny R or Max would be pushing harder for the title.

i said in the other thread that Rosberg was a more consistent and fast teammate for Lewis but remember he retired upon winning his title. I don't see Bottas giving himself like that if that is what it takes. Or that Bottas has the speed and consistency

Also it is getting sad with Vettel to see these unforced errors. Maybe a change of scenery will help but on current form Perez should feel hard done by. Maybe Stroll Senior negotiated a break clause if Vettel takes the same form into next season...

Hamilton definitely has the edge of other drivers, but has no family distractions, for example like Rosberg had when he was winning his world title. Totally committed to his sport.

But like Vettel and Schumacher before him, he also has a car and team leaps & bonds over the others.

Lets hope 2022 levels the playing field, but I gonna guess some team will produce the better car.

Bottas also doesn't have any kids and is in the best car.

Didn't used to like Rosberg, but when I hear him commenting on Sky, he makes a lot of good points and sense.

He did some dodgy things, like at Monaco that year. But Hamilton wasn't blameless, like when he slowed to a crawl on the very last race. None of them are innocent, they are all trying to win, and nothing else matters.

Agree Rosberg is a suprisingly good addition to Sky, for a start he doens't have any truck with Croft's silly theories etc.

However as for him vs Hamilton there is zero comparison between those incidents. Rosberg's was no different in my view to Schumacher's at Rascasse in 2006, whereas Hamilton did absolutely nothing wrong in terms of how he was driving.

The only slight negative was ignoring the team telling him to speed up. Although considering that the constructors championship was done and one of their drivers was going to win the driver's title there was little need for them to interfere.

Last edited:
Best drivers of their generation get the best seats on the grid and Lewis in this generation is a choir boy compared to many great drivers of the past.

Last edited:
Agree Rosberg is a suprisingly good addition to Sky, for a start he doens't have any truck with Croft's silly theories etc.

However as for him vs Hamilton there is zero comparison between those incidents. Rosberg's was no different in my view to Schumacher's at Rascasse in 2006, whereas Hamilton did absolutely nothing wrong in terms of how he was driving.

The only slight negative was ignoring the team telling him to speed up. Although considering that the constructors championship was done and one of their drivers was going to win the driver's title there was little need for them to interfere.
Can’t agree with most thinking there was nothing wrong with what LH on that last race. I recall cringing. He was going slower at times, than they do for a safety car start. That’s not racing. He should done something else before that race. I think Rosberg won fair & share that year, with all the shenanigans going on between the two.

I do agree LH is probably the best driver at the moment, in the best car. I expect VB to be signed up, for as long as LH is a Merc driver, the team wouldn’t want to mange a 2016 season again. They just what a wingman for LH and mop up any points left on the table. That’s what wins them Championships.

No offence Valtteri :)

Can’t agree with most thinking there was nothing wrong with what LH on that last race. I recall cringing. He was going slower at times, than they do for a safety car start.

and Rosberg was free to overtake him, in this case all he did was take Prost's 'win the race at the slowest speed possible' mantra to the the (legal) extreme and demonstrated no small about of talent in doing so.

Driving clean but slower than normal whether it's due to car problems (Ricciardo Monaco 2018) or to back the pack up as Hamilton did at Abu Dhabi is perfectly legitimate. Trying to cause yellow flags to keep pole position is not.

and Rosberg was free to overtake him, in this case all he did was take Prost's 'win the race at the slowest speed possible' mantra to the the (legal) extreme and demonstrated no small about of talent in doing so.

Driving clean but slower than normal whether it's due to car problems (Ricciardo Monaco 2018) or to back the pack up as Hamilton did at Abu Dhabi is perfectly legitimate. Trying to cause yellow flags to keep pole position is not.
and but Rosberg did not have second place beat Hamilton, even third was enough.Speeding in the first sector, slowing down in 2 & 3. Paddy on the phone.

His tactic didn’t help himself nor the Redbulls.

Anyway, some seem sort of touchy about this.

It's not touchy, it's just the facts. LH did nothing wrong. If it was a problem for Rosberg, he should've just overtaken LH. LH is one of the cleanest drivers on the grid. Never gets a win with any underhanded tactics.

and but Rosberg did not have second place beat Hamilton, even third was enough.Speeding in the first sector, slowing down in 2 & 3. Paddy on the phone.

His tactic didn’t help himself nor the Redbulls.

Anyway, some seem sort of touchy about this.

Nothing to do with being touchy, it's about what is allowable within the rules and what isn't.

Nothing to do with being touchy, it's about what is allowable within the rules and what isn't.

They all push the limits of what’s ‘within the rules’, it’s all part of the sport, some push the limits more than others, LH is no exception.

They all push the limits of what’s ‘within the rules’, it’s all part of the sport, some push the limits more than others, LH is no exception.
Deliberately causing yellow flags is not within the rules, just because Rosberg unlike Schumacher in 06 got away with doesn't make it right, and that's why Hamilton's drive in Abu Dhabi is not comparable to Rosberg in Monaco.

Deliberately causing yellow flags is not within the rules, just because Rosberg unlike Schumacher in 06 got away with doesn't make it right, and that's why Hamilton's drive in Abu Dhabi is not comparable to Rosberg in Monaco.

Well we'll just have to agree to disagree then. Driving an F1 racing car like driving Miss Daisy is hardly sporting either.

Although I wouldn't want to wag money that Rosberg didn't deliberately cause the yellow flags in Monaco 2014 , it was Hamilton who thanked Rosberg for “being a gentleman” in the 2016 race, when he past his slower team-mate after Rosberg was instructed to let him by. This was the same year, when Rosberg won the championship. Perhaps if Rosberg had the mindset not to let Lewis by, he mathematically wouldn't of needed to bother in Abu Dhabi.

Gran Turismo on the PS5

Forward to 3 mins 15 sec to skip the starter

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom