F1 Closed season Chit Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

John

Reaction score
As the 2010 thread reached 1000 posts , seemed a good opertunity to open the closed season thread .

Less than 16 weeks now :laugh: :smashin:

01 2011 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Sakhir) 11 - 13 Mar
02 2011 FORMULA 1 QANTAS AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX (Melbourne) 25 - 27 Mar
03 2011 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIA GRAND PRIX (Kuala Lumpur) 08 - 10 Apr
04 2011 FORMULA 1 UBS CHINESE GRAND PRIX (Shanghai) 15 - 17 Apr
05 2011 FORMULA 1 TURKISH GRAND PRIX (Istanbul) 06 - 08 May
06 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA 2011 (Catalunya) 20 - 22 May
07 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2011 (Monte Carlo) 27 - 29 May
08 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DU CANADA 2011 (Montreal) 10 - 12 Jun
09 2011 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE (Valencia) 24 - 26 Jun
10 2011 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX (Silverstone) 08 - 10 Jul
11 FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2011 (Nürburgring) 22 - 24 Jul
12 FORMULA 1 ENI MAGYAR NAGYDÍJ 2011 (Budapest) 29 - 31 Jul
13 2011 FORMULA 1 BELGIAN GRAND PRIX (Spa-Francorchamps) 26 - 28 Aug
14 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA 2011 (Monza) 09 - 11 Sep
15 2011 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore) 23 - 25 Sep
16 2011 FORMULA 1 JAPANESE GRAND PRIX (Suzuka) 07 - 09 Oct
17 2011 FORMULA 1 KOREAN GRAND PRIX (Yeongam) 14 - 16 Oct
18 2011 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF INDIA (New Delhi) 28 - 30 Oct
19 2011 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (Yas Marina Circuit) 11 - 13 Nov
20 FORMULA 1 GRANDE PRÊMIO DO BRASIL 2011 (Sao Paulo) 25 - 27 Nov

Think China and India still to be approved. Wonder how late the Indians will leave it compared to Korea

What's the deal with the Grand Prix Of Europe, does it go to the highest bidder?

What's the deal with the Grand Prix Of Europe, does it go to the highest bidder?

This from wiki so make of it what you will

I have always suspected that the Second modern incarnation was just to cash in on the popularity of Schumacher and since Valencia, on Alonso

This from wiki so make of it what you will

I have always suspected that the Second modern incarnation was just to cash in on the popularity of Schumacher and since Valencia, on Alonso

Yes I did have a quick look on Wiki but I don't think they mention how it's determined where it's held now. It looks like Valencia has it for a few more years so I suspect it goes to the highest bidder after that!

Most probably

valencia have got it for another 4 or 5 years, sadly. as we have two world champions in button and hamilton why don't we get a go with the "european grand prix?"

I haven't had my finger on the pulse for a few weeks, have their any driver switches announced as of yet?

This one did make me laugh...

autosport.com - F1 News: Di Montezemolo: Defeat left bitter taste

Di Montezemolo quoted as saying that defeat left a bitter taste for Ferrari.....probably not as bitter as the team orders did for other teams,and especially for Massa.

It's about time they had a bit of defeat to reduce their head size a little, they seem to think they are more important than other teams. When things don't go their way all they do is whinge, at least they don't seem to be favoured as they once were by the FIA in some very dodgy decisions that helped them in the past.

valencia have got it for another 4 or 5 years, sadly. as we have two world champions in button and hamilton why don't we get a go with the "european grand prix?"

I completely understand what you mean, but with only 1 FIA approved track (Silverstone), I can't see Bernie letting us having 2 races there.

they seem to think they are more important than other teams. .
The fact is they probably are (in terms of prestige etc) I'm fairly sure the Concorde Agreement recognises this in terms of revenue sharing etc, i.e they get the biggest share of the pie.

Looking at that calendar, there's too many boring tracks. I wish Bernie would bring back Imola, a pity Hockenheim is no longer a blast through the forests.

If I could change the calendar I would include Brno from the Czech Replibic, Potrero de los Funes Circuit from Argentina, Road America or Mid Ohio from USA.

Potrero de los Funes Circuit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

YouTube - FIA-GT - Argentina - San Luis - Potrero de los Funes - 2008 - 1 of 2
YouTube - FIA-GT Brno - 2008-14-09
YouTube - 1998 Road America Race
YouTube - Vitor Meira's Mid-Ohio 2007 in-car camera

Obviously the 2 american circuits would need a 'Bernie' pit complex too bring them up to date. We all know how pedantic he is!!

Looking at that calendar, there's too many boring tracks
All the boring tracks are Tilke tracks. No coincidence. Unfortunately the man and the officials are that breathtakingly arrogant and stubborn no one bothers consulting drivers and teams. I don't get the point of tracks like Abu Dhabi. I realise I sound like a broken record but if ever the international airport is out of use they have a ready made substitute :suicide:

I drive that Brno track a lot on the computer and it's a great track :thumbsup:

All the boring tracks are Tilke tracks. No coincidence. Unfortunately the man and the officials are that breathtakingly arrogant and stubborn no one bothers consulting drivers and teams. I don't get the point of tracks like Abu Dhabi. I realise I sound like a broken record but if ever the international airport is out of use they have a ready made substitute :suicide:

Yep.

There's only have a dozen or so tracks there that fill me with confidence.

The rest will yet again be a case of hoping it rains to liven things up a bit:rolleyes:

I drive that Brno track a lot on the computer and it's a great track :thumbsup:

Motor GP fans will concur:smashin:

Get rid of the damn awful Hungaboring race and move it the the CZ Republic:D

Get rid of the damn awful Hungaboring race and move it the the CZ Republic:D

Also, Bahrain, Australia, Malaysia, China, Turkey, Spain, start the season at Monaco, get rid of Valencia(Europe), Singapore and Abu Dhabi.

I've left Korea and India in, give them a second chance.

Finish at Brazil.

Also, Bahrain, Australia, Malaysia, China, Turkey, Spain, start the season at Monaco, get rid of Valencia(Europe), Singapore and Abu Dhabi.

I've left Korea and India in, give them a second chance.

Finish at Brazil.

What's wrong with Australia? The racing's usually pretty good there.

Ditto. If anything the disappointment that is Bahrain should not be the opening GP. Scratch that, it should not be on the calendar full stop

I'm planning on going to the Valencia GP next year. Not the best GP, but i'll take some friends, let them experience the noise and atmosphere, and combine it with a sunny beach holiday for a week :D That, and i'm hoping to take my Dad to the the 24hr Le Mans a couple of weeks before. Should be good to hear all the noise first hand again :smashin:

Nothing per se. I find it a bit of a point & squirt track with no real flow. The only real excitement comes from the unreliability of the new cars or an outstanding performance of a new driver (Mark Webber driving a Minardi!).

Problem is, with it now being the second race, reliability will probably be sorted.

Last edited:
I haven't had my finger on the pulse for a few weeks, have their any driver switches announced as of yet?

Nico Hulkenberg has been sacked from Williams, likely replacement is Pastor Maldonado, although he is linked at HRT as well. Jarno Trulli might not be at Lotus next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom