Channel 4 Highlights
(programme start times)

Saturday
20:45 - Qualifying

Sunday

22:30 - Race​

What odds a Bottas win

Put your life savings on it! :D:D:eek:

Bottas has already said he wants a 'proper' win. That's not to say Lewis will not have a few 'off' weekends, but if they want to tie up the constructors, they can't afford to mess about too much.

So the first 'casualty' of Williams dismal downwards spiral

Rob Smedley to Leave Williams

to spend more time with his family is the official reason, nice words from Claire Williams but I'd suggest if she wants to know part of the reason for Williams decline she should look in the mirror nepotism is not the best way of picking a team principle. Two disastrous driver picks, an awful car, losing key sponsors and then getting to the verge of signing a new one only for them to go off to Haas

The only positive recent sign was choosing George Russell maybe they can make it two good decisions in a row by getting Ocon in the other seat.

Last edited:
I do like this track , always seems to throw some curveballs due to weather . Don't expect Lewis to give Bottas a hand here as I expect he would like to tame this beast again as this crowed is crazy.

I think we are going to see a Ferrari win this weekend.

What odds a Bottas win

When he is as fast as Nico was and faster than Lewis . Sad to say he is just a good wingman at this point with some awful luck thrown in .

Once again he can't best Lewis or indeed Sebs Ferrari, needs to pick his game up .

Last edited:
Even with the championship pressure off, Vettel still making mistakes. Good battle for pole today, hopefully still same 1 and 2 when we start.

Even with the championship pressure off, Vettel still making mistakes. Good battle for pole today, hopefully still same 1 and 2 when we start.

Same grid placing for the start :smashin:.

Not sure it's really a mistake from Vettel. They were trying something risky with strategy and the procedure with the weigh bridge could have cost them

Not sure it's really a mistake from Vettel. They were trying something risky with strategy and the procedure with the weigh bridge could have cost them

I agree it was poor timing to be called in but he contravened the regulations. His continued petulance, with all the clapping and revving towards the poor guy recovering the cone today, is imo his main weakness and has cost him these last 2 seasons.

Great 'race so far considering its end of the season . Max is driving like a firecracker , awful luck as race would of been done and done . Gonna be a tight finish .

Well done Merc on the constructors , well done Lewis . Max will be seething , would not want to be the one to interview him :eek:.

Good race today and congrats to Lewis and Mercedes :thumbsup:

Unlucky Max, was on fire and fully deserved the win.

Strange incident that with Ocon to cost him the victory, but let it go man.

With Helmut Marko already saying Ocon did it on purpose, and Christian Horner talking his usual bollox, shows how far they really are behind Mercedes and Ferrari in prestige.

Good race today and congrats to Lewis and Mercedes :thumbsup:

Unlucky Max, was on fire and fully deserved the win.

Strange incident that with Ocon to cost him the victory, but let it go man.

With Helmut Marko already saying Ocon did it on purpose, and Christian Horner talking his usual bollox, shows how far they really are behind Mercedes and Ferrari in prestige.

Passions run high end of a race and Red Bull had this one sewn up with strategy and drivers . I would feel a lil peeved if I were them and all will get back to normal once they cool down .

Was a really good race though , loved it .

The last couple races have been great. All looks good for next season with all 3 teams fancying their chances.

Red Bull will be with Honda next year, so it’s a bit unknown.
Real shame they’ve only found good pace 3 races before the end. Will be interesting next year.
Great result for Merc, they’ve pushed hard with a car that was probably second best. Ferrari really need to sort themselves out next year. Delivering “upgrades” that made the car worse is not something you would expect a team like Ferrari.

I like the passion and confrontation as brings back memories of the past , in today's climate it will be frowned upon . What the sport needs , a big dose of passion . Yeah go Max.

If you're gonna be dishing it out do it properly, I wanna see clean punches.

Max lost himself that race. Yeah it would be annoying for Ocon to unlap himself but MV is fighting for a race win, if you had an micron of of sense you would have left room not shut the door expecting the other car to disappear.

I struggle to like MV, yes he has showed some brilliance in the car but also a lot of very stupid shit. He has a proper entitlement attitude, rules don't apply to him, people should line up and move out of his way
and worst of all disregard for the team for his own end. He is just a brat that can drive.

Well done to Merc and Lewis, they haven't had the best car like in previous years but the have capitalized everywhere they could. Ferrari just had to do the same but repeatedly mess it up. I bet the inside of that red team is a fudgeing mess.

Bottas is gone if he performs like this years again

A colleague and I are both mystified by Ocon's penalty, since we both think that the collision was Verstappen's fault rather than Ocon's. There's no rule saying that you can't unlap yourself, and the Force India was faster at that point, so why did the stewards penalize him? Ocon is the only one who comes out of that with any credit (well, apart from Hamilton who subsequently won the race!).

Verstappen has been a huge disappointment this year, I hope he grows up next year. Vettel too, frankly, although it's too late for him to grow up. Threatening to run over the guy collecting the cone during his weigh-in was absolutely disgraceful, and he should have been penalised more heavily than he was.

A colleague and I are both mystified by Ocon's penalty, since we both think that the collision was Verstappen's fault rather than Ocon's. There's no rule saying that you can't unlap yourself, and the Force India was faster at that point, so why did the stewards penalize him? Ocon is the only one who comes out of that with any credit (well, apart from Hamilton who subsequently won the race!).

Verstappen has been a huge disappointment this year, I hope he grows up next year. Vettel too, frankly, although it's too late for him to grow up. Threatening to run over the guy collecting the cone during his weigh-in was absolutely disgraceful, and he should have been penalised more heavily than he was.

I can't understand the penalty either. It's a racing incident at best.

i feel on this forum there are more people who believe that Max was in the wrong as I feel he should of left more space on the outside as ocon was quicker
however looking on facebook everyone seems to think ocon is is in the wrong :/
i think if redbull do have a quick car next season and honda, they can be at the top as their tyre wear and strategy is what would win them the title,
Its just the pace which is missing

The more I think about it, the more it is a racing incident. There are big questions about whether Ocon needed to unlap himself, but at the same time, he is allowed, so why not! It does seem a bit crazy that it happened, but Max should be aware of the cars around him. It's not as if he didn't know he was there, he just assumed, wrongly, that he would just give him the position as he was race leader.
Either way, I'm glad based on that, that MV didn't win. He has matured a lot this year, but he still has some way to go.
Next year will be interesting. Red Bull, more than anyone I think, can make a bad engine work for them with their incredibly strong aero package. Merc need to up their game. Yes they took both titles, but they really were Ferrari's to lose, and they did lose them. Hamilton was pretty much flawless, and like the commentators said, he is one of a very few number of people that can win in a car that is not the best. I know he gets a hard time over his attitude sometimes, but he is a bloody good racer, there is no one that can dispute that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom