F1 Belgian GP 27th -29th Aug '21

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Spa.jpg

Channel 4 Highlights

Saturday Qualifying 6pm-7:30pm

Sunday Race 6:30pm-9:00pm

Woohoo, F1 back again and the race is on my 40th bday. I’m guessing it’ll be too late to get the plane tickets as a present to get there for the race... :( :D

Wow! Wonder when the last time a Williams started on the front row was? Got to be one of if not the biggest ever shock in qualifying.

2017 I think they said. But there were lots of penalties etc.

Good timing from Williams and another point for George over Valtteri. Some might consider Merc seat 2 next year a done deal even if it’s denied by all.

Cracking lap by George but I reckon Norris would’ve been on the front row had it not been for the crash. Surprised that was the best Lewis could get out of the car. He is usually a master in the wet. Hopefully he’ll get a tow up au rouge and pass Max at the top.

Noticed a bit of booing for Hamilton. The simpletons just can't help themselves.

Nice one George. Would love to see him slipstream past Max, though I doubt he'd keep the position for more than 1 lap.

Surprised that was the best Lewis could get out of the car. He is usually a master in the wet. Hopefully he’ll get a tow up au rouge and pass Max at the top.

We'll see if they compromised on a 1 lap setup for better race pace. The weather might make it a lottery at any rate

Let's hope no Merc takes max out and no jammy red flags for them like in imola and Silverstone otherwise this championship would have been over by now
Or indeed any other car to be in a collsion with someone else where they accidentally bounce off into Max in the aftermath......

Noticed a bit of booing for Hamilton. The simpletons just can't help themselves.

Nice one George. Would love to see him slipstream past Max, though I doubt he'd keep the position for more than 1 lap.

To be honest you don't want to be the lead car going into the long straight giving up your slipstream. Russel P1 after turn 4...

To be honest you don't want to be the lead car going into the long straight giving up your slipstream. Russel P1 after turn 4...

I'd be happy if that were the case, but I don't think it will be. I think he'll be mugged off the line by Hamilton and a few of the other regular top 10 drivers in the first lap.

My prediction after that is that he'll slip down the order pretty quickly when the other drivers get up to speed and will probably end up settling into a solid 8th/9th place, which in all honesty, he should be aiming for.

Tomorrow isn't the time for heroics, that is what he did in qualifying. What tomorrow calls for, is a calm head and steady approach to the race. If he can pick up higher places than 8th due to other drivers throwing it away, then great, but he needs to realise where he can realistically set his stall up.

Feel bad for Russell after the Lap of his life he probably wont be able to put together a good race now if it ever starts. With the factors of the weather, strategy and outright pace now thrown into the air.

I'll laugh if they finally get started and then there's a Coulthard-style 1998 crash, wiping out half the field.

BTW, I'd not realised how much Brundle's son sounds like Brundle. Uncanny.

They have started under safety car

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom