Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bahrain-round-2.jpg

Channel 4 Highlights

Saturday Qualifying 9:30pm-11:00pm

Sunday Race 10:00pm-12:30am

Expect to see Tecpro, lots of it

Funnily enough, whilst checking the spelling, there is a story from 2015 about Sainz hitting the tecpro which was infront of an armco barrier

Wonder who will get the drive? We‘ll see how good Bottas is!
It'll likely be Stoffel Vandoorne as he's Mercedes reserve driver. I would imagine a win for Max also.

It'll likely be Stoffel Vandoorne as he's Mercedes reserve driver. I would imagine a win for Max also.
Yeah he has to be the heavy favourite. Already due to fly in to Bahrain after FE testing so you assume they'd allowed for Barhain's COVID-19 restrictions etc. otherwise it would be pointless him flying in if he has to sit in a hotel room.

Gutierrez is their other named driver but I think they said in the summer his superlicence had lapsed so that rules him out.

Of course SvD or even Bottas could still test positive and there will be a bit of negotation needed. You'd assume if that happens they'll try and get Russell and an F2 driver (probably Aitken) will take his spot. I guess Hulk is the other outside choice.

Last edited:
I was sure SVD was sat in the garage over the race weekend
Th3 cameras had him in shot and Ted said, 'theres SVD, merc reserve driver'

I was sure SVD was sat in the garage over the race weekend
Th3 cameras had him in shot and Ted said, 'theres SVD, merc reserve driver'
Well he must have been on a plane pretty sharpish afterwards as he's been testing for Merc's FE team and is currently P3 on the timesheet for today's session.

Here he is on Saturday...

Is that really the track layout ? Looks pretty cool and oldschool. The pressure will already be building on Bottas now that Lewis is out.

No Hamilton for this one:

I'm not convinced yet that he genuinely tested positive.

He has already won the championship and the Grosjean crash must be playing on his mind. Maybe he just didn't fancy it.

How many others around him and on his team tested positive?

I'm not convinced yet that he genuinely tested positive.

He has already won the championship and the Grosjean crash must be playing on his mind. Maybe he just didn't fancy it.

How many others around him and on his team tested positive?
No way. If that was the case, he wouldn't get in the car again. They know all this stuff, since that F2 crash, was it last year, and Jules Bianchi.

No way. If that was the case, he wouldn't get in the car again. They know all this stuff, since that F2 crash, was it last year, and Jules Bianchi.

Well a lot has happened this year and he has already dropped retirement hints this season. Who knows where his head is at right now.

Well a lot has happened this year and he has already dropped retirement hints this season. Who knows where his head is at right now.
I think he wants to be the best, and that is going to take another championship. Merc look set to be a very likely contender for next year.

Seems that it may be Russell after all. Must admit I'm surprised Williams will let him go as Russell is their best shot of points for the constructors championship. Assume they're prefering to take the guaranteed Merc 'cash' over the less likely chance of scoring 4 points to overtake Haas.

Got to feel for SvD, oh and if happens the pressure on Bottas to perform just increased ten fold.

EDIT from Williams...

SECOND EDIT...

...and Jack Aitken will as predicted will get the Williams seat.

Last edited:
Put Sato in that Merc 😃👍

We get to see how good Russell really is. Can we put Lewis in the Williams next?

Awesome. I really hope Russell has a good weekend, and then he gets Bottas' seat when that becomes vacant.

Awesome. I really hope Russell has a good weekend, and then he gets Bottas' seat when that becomes vacant.
I hope they don't use it as an opportunity to take lots of PU components if they think HAM might be back for Abu Dhabi. Seems unlikely I know for a.) for Lewis to be back and b.) to take components when the titles have been decided but you never know. Although knowing George's luck in the race it might still go bang!

Last edited:
Rus has proved himself to be a capable driver on arguably the worst car on the grid. Will be really interesting to see how he does in the Merc.
Hopefully the pressure doesn't get to him!

Rus has proved himself to be a capable driver on arguably the worst car on the grid. Will be really interesting to see how he does in the Merc.
Hopefully the pressure doesn't get to him!

Yup agree , will be very keen to see how he gets on in that Merc. Also fantastic from Williams for allowing him the opportunity.

Unfortunately I don't think Russell, as good as he appears, can beat Bottas in equal machinery. Not unless he's already had a decent amount of running time in the W11, which I doubt (simulator work only I'd guess, and perhaps most of that over the next few days!). VB, for all his faults and bad luck, has the experience of laps in the car, plus of course pole-setting pace and race wins. However I'd like to think George should be capable of getting his first points now! Assuming he can survive the green flag lap of course... And until he's nerfed off the track by Albon.

However if he does outperform Bottas coming to the party with very little experience in the same car, what will that do for Valtteri's perception (both of himself and how others consequently reassess him)?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom