Friday
09:55 - Practice 1
13:55 - Practice 2

Saturday
10:55 - Practice 3
12:55 - Qualifying

Sunday
13:00 - Race​

I do love this weekend as i think this is a great lil track layout. Unexpected or hard to pin down weather due to where it is situated helps . The McLaren looks well outa sorts in practice .

GP2...GP2!:D:D

Leclerc set to join Ferrari next season?

Two 'reliable' sources but nothing confirmed yet.

Solid job from Bottas today. He clearly gets on with this track. I half expected Lewis to pip him but only by a small margin. Wonder if Vettel will be a bit more tentative going into the first corner, bearing the last race in mind. Though its a fairly decent run so a good start (on the gripper tyre again) should see him past Lewis (but hopefully not).

Vettel has a 3-place grid penalty for hindering Sainz in the second qualifying session. Bit of a shame because it means that he won't be fighting with the Mercedes at the start. Of course anything can happen, but it's looking good for Mercedes . Any bets on whether it will be Bottas or Hamilton?

Vettel has a 3-place grid penalty for hindering Sainz in the second qualifying session. Bit of a shame because it means that he won't be fighting with the Mercedes at the start. Of course anything can happen, but it's looking good for Mercedes . Any bets on whether it will be Bottas or Hamilton?

I was tempted to add a 'like', but that would be un-sportsman like ;)

Seems a bit harsh IMO , is this new thing as I'm not sure I've seen a three place grid penalty before ? Anyway great pole from Bottas and I hope he gets some good luck for a change in race .

He is a Ferrari driver at loan to Sauber , he does not have to sign any deal to join the big red horse as he already has the saddle .

Well done Max , great race. Oh dear Merc as could Bottas have any less luck if he tried and to leave Lewis out was a terrible mistake from the team . Two Mercs out with tech failure, that upgrade it seems was still to soon on the QA front .

Keeps it nice and tight at the top though so all is good.

That was a pleasant surprise in the end. I'm rather fond of Max, though it would have been nice to see Danny finish for his birthday. But like you say @raduv1 "Keeps it nice and tight at the top". :smashin:

That decision could be huge come the end of the season especially if Hamilton wins the title by a couple of points to Vettel.

Pleased for Raikkonen though and good to see he was allowed to keep 2nd.

That decision could be huge come the end of the season especially if Hamilton wins the title by a couple of points to Vettel.

Pleased for Raikkonen though and good to see he was allowed to keep 2nd.
Think Brundle got it right, the neg PR that would follow would be too great. It was bad enough when they stitched up Rubens, but in the age of social media , not even the FIA would be able to help them :devil:

Is it just me or is F1 really boring at the moment and has been for the last few seasons... I've started watching the F2 season with more interest as they actually race and make it exciting to watch..

Is it just me or is F1 really boring at the moment and has been for the last few seasons... I've started watching the F2 season with more interest as they actually race and make it exciting to watch..
Nope you’re not the only one finding it boring atm.

They need to bring back proper pit stops with refuelling and tactics.

At the moment every race is too predictable with limited overtaking

Phew...

I get the safety aspect etc etc.... BUT thats taken the fun out of the races in my opinion. as I said F2 is very competitive saw race one and Markelov still fighting in to the last corner and get the 8th place for the rev grid... only thing that didn't appeal was the way the rolling start was they need to get them lined up as they do in American series and Nascar.

Nope not proper pit stops with refuelling as it's a backward step in pit crew safety.

Just do away with this stupid hybrid era and go back to mechanical grip , smaller cars with big power and less downforce so they can actually slip stream once again .

Unfortunately Merc n Ferrari will block anything that may dent their dominance and indeed pocket book :(.

Nope not proper pit stops with refuelling as it's a backward step in pit crew safety.

Just do away with this stupid hybrid era and go back to mechanical grip , smaller cars with big power and less downforce so they can actually slip stream once again .

Unfortunately Merc n Ferrari will block anything that may dent their dominance and indeed pocket book :(.
You say a backward step in pit crew safety but over all the years I've watched Formula 1 I can't name 5 incidents where pit crew were badly injured during a refuelling, I probably couldn't even name 3.

I agree nothing will change whilst Mercedes and Ferrari continue to dominate anyway.

You say a backward step in pit crew safety but over all the years I've watched Formula 1 I can't name 5 incidents where pit crew were badly injured during a refuelling, I probably couldn't even name 3.

I agree nothing will change whilst Mercedes and Ferrari continue to dominate anyway.

And yet these incidents happened in the past if you get my drift . I was never a big fan of the splash n dash TBH and prefer a car that changes over the course of race with a full tank at the start.

Sadly most would agree that changes are indeed needed but are often vetoed by some .

Love to be a fly on the wall in the Merc de brief . Gonna be some major issues to address here after this weekend . Two cars on the front of the grid and none placed because of tech faults . Also with team live radio apologising to Lewis mid race on team mistakes . Bit of work , lots of work to be done befotmre the next race .

Phew...

I get the safety aspect etc etc.... BUT thats taken the fun out of the races in my opinion. as I said F2 is very competitive saw race one and Markelov still fighting in to the last corner and get the 8th place for the rev grid... only thing that didn't appeal was the way the rolling start was they need to get them lined up as they do in American series and Nascar.

Well it's always going to be more competitive if you have a spec series but that's not what F1 is/should be about. As for the rolling start that's only meant be for Spielberg and Silverstone for safety reasons why they try and fix the new car's clutches which appear to have been made of soggy newspaper!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom