F1 2022 (PS5) Review & Comments

Shame about the in-app purchases. It's a very unfortunate trend in the game industry.

No problem in 'free' games like Fortnite, but when you're paying full price for an AAA title, it's not acceptable.

Glad the rest of the game continues to be of a high-standard. I did wonder what would happen after Codemasters were acquired by EA, but other than the in-app purchases, it sounds like it's business as usual.

I do like F1, but I don't know if there's enough difference in the new variant of the game to warrant a purchase. I'm not fussed about the change of team names and drivers.

Regards,
James.

There are plenty of bad reviews of this around.

I'm currently playing the F1 2020 (ps4) on my ps5. Was looking to upgrade to 2022 but I'm not too sure now.

It's between F1 2022 and GT7.

My son bought this for me for father's day and we can't get more than one or two races in a row without a crash. He reset his PS5 and opened a case with codemasters and Sony and he's waiting for a refund.

Assuming from the comment that the Xbox isn't restricted to 1440p when running at 120Hz? That level of detail could clinch the upgrade from 2020 for me....

I've bought every iteration of F1 since 1996 - back on the venerable Playstation One - and this is the last year I'll buy it - certainly at release at £57.99. The game has been dumbed down - the "lifestyle" element is embarrassing and pointless (who on earth cares what virtual leather sofa their player has? Same for rugs, lighting....) and the engineer speak has gone from boring to asinine. The graphics make no sense - if you view from the top of the cockpit you can no longer see the wing mirrors, if you have the temperature graphics on then there are literally all you can see. There's no story mode this year - not a game changer as it was dull anyway, but there's nothing to replace it. And as for the pitcoin cash-in, well, that's EA finally getting their way. I'm not going to comment too much on glitches and bugs as they normally get sorted, but at the moment the AI speed on the straights continues to be an issue (it's like they have an extra 20mph in hand) and the AI needs sorting as the other drivers will simply go straight into you if you try to close the line. If you have 2021, or even 2020, don't bother upgrading until they sort the bugs and drop the price to about £19.

I have just bought F1 22 for PS5 and I’m very dissapointed…
The graphics is poor and the handling and feeling on the track seems odd, like the car doesn’t weight anything.
The graphics is edgy and it looks like I’m playing on PS2 or PS3 or something.
I have looked at all settings and can’t find anything odd there. If I set to prefer quality I get too low fps for my liking.
I also have Gran turismo 7 for PS5 which is way different to the better on all aspects!
I have in the passed played F1 20 and F1 21 on my PC and the graphics and feeling/handling have been wonderful compared to this crap.
Also poor resistance on the adaptive triggers on max setting. On PC they are much stronger with dualsence connected to PC.

Can anyone confirm this that I experience?
Thinking about selling this game and get it for PC instead. Or could it be something wrong with my game disc or install and should replace it?
Please help, thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom