F1 2019 Chit Chat

John

Reaction score
You're slacking @Joe Pineapples , where are you ?

What do you think of the launches so far ?
Saub Alfa seem to have gone wild with the front wing

Fair enough :D

as much as i love F1, and all the little bits done to gain a .010, everything wrong with it is in this picture . on the leading edge of the floor

upload_2019-2-16_20-35-54.png

Yuk, not liking that Trump orange on the Ferrari .

Small Twitter fire surrounding Ted Kravitz alleged sacking

A real shame if true. I enjoyed his passion and insight about F1, especially the notebooks.

Indeed a real shame, always felt he added a lot to the Sky coverage unlike quite a few of the others - I wonder if it will be Karun taking over this

The good news in case you missed it is Ted is now staying...more from the excellent Motorsport (nee F1) Broadcasting Blog.

Ted Kravitz to remain part of Sky’s Formula 1 team

Now if only someone can tell the new boss of Sky F1 to reverse his other nonsensical decision i.e. showing drivers playing jenga/darts etc. instead of the F2 Feature Race!

The good news in case you missed it is Ted is now staying...more from the excellent Motorsport (nee F1) Broadcasting Blog.

Ted Kravitz to remain part of Sky’s Formula 1 team

Now if only someone can tell the new boss of Sky F1 to reverse his other nonsensical decision i.e. showing drivers playing jenga/darts etc. instead of the F2 Feature Race!

Great news :clap:, I also notice that Ant Davidson is still on the list who I also miss when he's not around especially I just don't get the appeal of Paul Sky Sports F1 gears up for start of Formula 1 2019

I've been very disappointed in Christian Horner recently. He seems like a nice guy in his interviews etc. and he's very generous with his time towards the broadcasters, but he keeps saying nasty and unnecessary things about people. Most of it has been aimed at Renault, but this dig at Ricciardo certainly hasn't helped him.

I think he needs to learn the values of respecting other people and of dignified silence. I can't help feeling that the partnership with Honda is on shaky ground; a Japanese company will not take it kindly if their partner starts to badmouth them, since respect and honour are very important in their culture.

I've been very disappointed in Christian Horner recently. He seems like a nice guy in his interviews etc. and he's very generous with his time towards the broadcasters, but he keeps saying nasty and unnecessary things about people. Most of it has been aimed at Renault, but this dig at Ricciardo certainly hasn't helped him.

I think he needs to learn the values of respecting other people and of dignified silence. I can't help feeling that the partnership with Honda is on shaky ground; a Japanese company will not take it kindly if their partner starts to badmouth them, since respect and honour are very important in their culture.

Recently? personally I think he has been a grade 1 nob head since day one. Always snide comments and digs. Laments and moans at others for all sorts whilst doing the exact same thing.

I'm amazed Honda went for the partnership after the grief he/RB gave Renault. Can't abide him or Marko.

Sorry it's been a long and stressful day.

So far it looks like Fezza out front, Merc and RB tied next. Merc are consistant though and Fezza aren't.

i wouldn't pay any attention to times at all, until maybe friday PM and then i'd still be thinking hmmmm

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

huh!? Madness. I'd have been an advocate for awarding points in quali. That would make more sense.

huh!? Madness. I'd have been an advocate for awarding points in quali. That would make more sense.

As the article says then a championship could be won on a Saturday which is no good.

I like the idea but it could cause loads of Ocon/Vestappen type problems for the stewards

I really hate the idea of a quali bonus and I'm not much more inclined towards a fastest lap point. There has to be a stipulation that you must finish in the points to score it otherwise you'll have drivers doing all sorts in order to set themselves up for a quick lap (as happened before they changed the rule in Formula E).

Elsewhere this tweet from Tobi Grüner from AMuS which if true might well be the most damning evidence of just how far Williams have sunk!

Tobi Grüner on Twitter

Last edited:
My biggest fear for this season is how much more of a difference DRS will make with the new rear wings. Some of the drivers have noted it during winter testing :thumbsdow. They (the FIA) will maybe respond by shortening some DRS zones and maybe even removing some, but we know it will probably be experimental measures, which means some easy overtakes will get through the process.

Watched the first episode of that Netflix series last night. Who'd have thought the teams use swear words a lot ;). Good appetiser before the new season.

Watched the first episode of that Netflix series last night. Who'd have thought the teams use swear words a lot ;). Good appetiser before the new season.

I've seen a few of them now at least they've dialed back the 'danger' nonsense that seemed quite prevalent in the first episode and even in the title of the series. Of course the lack of Merc and Ferrari makes it strange and thus there's a lot of slightly cringey redone commentary to tell the story they want without them. The Red Bull v Renault fall out is the highlight for me thus far.

It's doing a good job of looking very exciting and action packed. Have Liberty commissioned this to entice the US viewer.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom