F1 2017 - Paddock Chat

DAZ UK 74

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
F1 2017 by Codemasters - Released 25/8/17 - F1™ 2017 - Official Game Website

DEEPER CAREER MODE
Delve deeper than ever before into the new vehicle management features that require the player to balance resource to improve performance, keep the car reliable, and avoid punishing grid penalties.

IMPROVED MULTIPLAYER
With improved multiplayer matchmaking, new online stats and a levelling system, and all multiplayer session types will allow the option of racing either the 2017 cars or the classic cars.

ICONIC CLASSIC CARS -
The classic cars are integrated into the career mode, and can be raced in both Single Class and Multi Class Races. There are also new ‘invitational events’ with a variety of exciting gameplay modes that include: Overtake, Pursuit, Checkpoint Challenge and Time Attack.

1988 McLaren MP4/4 *
1991 McLaren MP4/6
1992 Williams FW14B
1995 Ferrari 412 T2
1996 Williams FW18
1998 McLaren MP4-13
2002 Ferrari F2002
2004 Ferrari F2004
2006 Renault R26
2007 Ferrari F2007
2008 McLaren MP4 -23
2010 Red Bull Racing RB6
* (DLC car in F1 2017 Special Edition)

RESEARCH AND DEVELOP
We’ve completely overhauled how you progress your team in career mode. Many more options available to upgrade.

ALTERNATE TRACK LAYOUTS
A first for the franchise, as well as the 20 official circuits, there are four additional track variants added to the game.

IMPROVED WEATHER
The dramatic dynamic weather system is enhanced to be more realistic and unpredictable than ever.

This has just arrived and is currently installing the update, surprised this didn't already have a thread. Anybody else bought this and up for some races at some point ?

EDIT: Had a quick go on TT mode round Monza and Spa in a few of the cars. Getting some terrible screen tearing on some of the slower corners, Monza for example has a really bad tear in turn 1 and exiting turn 2.

As always the car sounds are simply amazing especially in the older cars. Forget parping angels I want the McLaren MP4 to send me off when I peg it.

Last edited:
This has just arrived and is currently installing the update, surprised this didn't already have a thread. Anybody else bought this and up for some races at some point ?

EDIT: Had a quick go on TT mode round Monza and Spa in a few of the cars. Getting some terrible screen tearing on some of the slower corners, Monza for example has a really bad tear in turn 1 and exiting turn 2.

As always the car sounds are simply amazing especially in the older cars. Forget parping angels I want the McLaren MP4 to send me off when I peg it.
Been keeping an eye out for a thread for it but havnt picked it up yet, on most of the reviews they mention the bad screen tearing, I hope it's something they sort on an update, as always with a codemasters f1 game it seems to have alot of bugs, on mp especially, so happy to leave it a while until it comes down in price

Been keeping an eye out for a thread for it but havnt picked it up yet, on most of the reviews they mention the bad screen tearing, I hope it's something they sort on an update, as always with a codemasters f1 game it seems to have alot of bugs, on mp especially, so happy to leave it a while until it comes down in price
So far I have only noticed the tearing when at top speed and then coming into a slow bend or corner. I noticed it at Spa when doing TT's but have just done an Event at Spa and didn't notice it then. It's probably because I was focused on racing rather then looking around.

I have only played it for a few hours but am loving it so far, the older cars sound absolutely amazing especially on the surround sound headphones. The new cars are seriously on rails until you hit the limit then it's wobbly bottom time.
I will get into the career mode over the next few days and looking forward to joining a low end team and building it up.

Copied from the patch notes.

Patch 1.05 has just been released on PS4. You’ll find the notes for this patch here, in English and other supported languages. We’re aiming to have this out on PC tomorrow afternoon, and it’s in with Microsoft and hoping to have it approved by tomorrow evening, though this will be going out with 1.4.

English

· A missing gear fault will always be fixed after swapping out a worn gearbox for a new one.

· Fixed a crash seen loading in to any Multiplayer session.

· Reduced the amount of gearbox and engine wear when playing 25% distance races

So how does this play with a pad?

Tempted to get it but also tempted to wait for Project Cars 2

So how does this play with a pad?

Tempted to get it but also tempted to wait for Project Cars 2
If your not fussed about playing on the hardest difficulty with all assists turned off the default settings for the pad will do the job.
I am currently fine tuning the pad sensitivity settings to get them to how I like them. It's leaps and bounds ahead of PC1 in the handling department but this isn't a full on sim like PC1 and 2.

I will be gettting PC2 as well because it looks amazing.

New update 1.06 has just been released.

Build 1.6 Update Notes
  • Players losing vibration / force feedback in multiplayer
  • Grid penalties for changing parts now apply correctly when reforming the grid after a formation lap
  • AI will no longer post single sector times as lap times at Monaco
  • Improved texture quality on PS4
  • Stats for Public Multiplayer now work correctly (we will, however, be wiping the leaderboards in due course)
  • Added Polish subtitles
  • AI drivers will suffer reliability issues in Championships mode
  • Various crash fixes

Additional Info

Our internal QA team found to still be present, though we are continuing to investigate:
  • Fixed dark patches / shadows seen when on track

Anyone still playing this?
Tumbleweed blows past.... :rotfl:

I have just restarted this after clearing a few other games from my backlog. I am going to do a full career (10 seasons) run starting in the Sauber.

I don't think many bought this because of previous versions and games like GT Sport/Forza 7.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom