F1 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

majnu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to this, although it won't be a release date purchase. It really suffers in my opinion being released around the time of Fifa. Last year I got this on release day, played it for a week straight, then fifa came out, probably didn't play this properly until a few months ago :(

Any views on the demo yet?

bazfoster said:
Any views on the demo yet?

Handling on pad very sensitive this year. Young driver test looks like a good addition.

So very sensitive and my car seemed to always lean to the left... although it may be my pad so am now going to try a different one!

LeeDicko said:
So very sensitive and my car seemed to always lean to the left... although it may be my pad so am now going to try a different one!

No issue like that here....think it may be your pad!

The left thing was down to my pad... lol

The one problem I had with F1 2011 was the AI, I found the computer cars would always just speed up to the back of your car and half the time make no attempt to over take you, they just ended up steaming into the back of you... unfortunately it still appears to be the case in this one. There are added things I liked, you have to give back the position if you over take illegally and it says your DRS can break (although not sure how this will work).

I'm undecided if I will buy it...

Just waiting for my demo to download. This won't be a release day buy simply because of Fifa 13; I bought F1 2011 on release day, played it until Fifa came out then it went on the shelf for a few months when I could've picked it up for about £20 when I went back to it. No question it's a brilliant game though and not expecting many changes for this instalment

These f1 games bore me to death don't think I'll get this one!

Time to give the licence to another games producer as code masters seem to done the most they can out of there f1 series now!

Not sure what any other games producer could do with it, I imagine the terms of the license are probably quite strict.

delboyuk2005uk said:
These f1 games bore me to death don't think I'll get this one!

Time to give the licence to another games producer as code masters seem to done the most they can out of there f1 series now!

What do you want laser beams and flying cars?

They are in my opinion the best series of f1 games there has been.
I do however think buying it every year is nothing more than a car and track update but so are all other sports games.

What do you want laser beams and flying cars?

They are in my opinion the best series of f1 games there has been.
I do however think buying it every year is nothing more than a car and track update but so are all other sports games.

Agree, decided I will buy this though, played it on the PC and the graphics are superb! Quite a bit cheaper than the xbox version as well, so going for that one. Under £20 (shopto) for the PC version is a steal :)

Doesn't provide much excitement for me! Maybe I just grown out of gaming these days!

I did love the formula one games on pc tho by Geoff crammond.

This one not so much!

hope you guys don`t use wheels for it ;)

the game is unplayable with the wheels, far too much understeer struggling to turn corners :(

The demo was probably enough for me not to bother buying this. Still silly penalties, i passed Massa but he turned into the back of my car and i get a 10 second penalty.

mnty said:
hope you guys don`t use wheels for it ;)

the game is unplayable with the wheels, far too much understeer struggling to turn corners :(

Working fine with my fanatec gt2

The demo was probably enough for me not to bother buying this. Still silly penalties, i passed Massa but he turned into the back of my car and i get a 10 second penalty.

Silly penalties and the 'win 35 races online' achievement were the reasons behind me smashing a controller :(

Still amazes me that this being their 3rd F1 game that they have not fixed the penalty system.

I brought F1 2010 and really enjoyed it but ended putting it back in its box for good due to the silly penalties I would get. When ever there was a big smash at the first corner I would have to go on the kerb to avoid it...but would still get a 10 second penalty!

Same happened in F1 2011, penalties for all sort of stupid stuff and the same this time round by the looks of it.

Also the main reason I won't buy this is the fact Codemasters never support the F1 game after say November/December time. They will release two patches by then and even if there is a game breaking bug (tyre bug F1 2011) they will leave it unpatched.

Still amazes me that this being their 3rd F1 game that they have not fixed the penalty system.

I brought F1 2010 and really enjoyed it but ended putting it back in its box for good due to the silly penalties I would get. When ever there was a big smash at the first corner I would have to go on the kerb to avoid it...but would still get a 10 second penalty!

Same happened in F1 2011, penalties for all sort of stupid stuff and the same this time round by the looks of it.

Also the main reason I won't buy this is the fact Codemasters never support the F1 game after say November/December time. They will release two patches by then and even if there is a game breaking bug (tyre bug F1 2011) they will leave it unpatched.
My feelings exactly. I bought 2010 and certain stuff in it annoyed me, waited and bought 2011 for £10 new. It had the same faults so i deleted it off my games played and its set in the box since. I wont make the same mistake with 2012.

Am I missing something with this demo? I have played all the other games but it seems like this demo has been designed for a 10 year old who has never played the series. After doing 2 of the tasks I gave up and switched it off. Why release a demo that will alienate the fans?? Or am I missing a skip button somewhere?

st4fore said:
Am I missing something with this demo? I have played all the other games but it seems like this demo has been designed for a 10 year old who has never played the series. After doing 2 of the tasks I gave up and switched it off. Why release a demo that will alienate the fans?? Or am I missing a skip button somewhere?

It's only a few tasks before you get to do a race at monza, I agree that you should be able to skip them though

Had a go tonight and have to say I can't go in a straight line ... lol. Cornering is fine and never had problems in 10/11 but it seems really twitchy to me on the straight, can't slightly go left or right, wants to move too much & can see it will be frustrating. How I miss jeff crammonds grand prix games

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom