F1 2012 Play & Help Thread

GregStarz

Does anyone know when the new F1 game will be out? Having previously purchased Forza I fancy a change and getting F1 again

NooBish AbbZ 92

Distinguished Member
For USA September 18th, Probably 21st for UK :smashin:

MikeeP84

Theres a demo out this year. Released Monday, I think.

gers1978

I'm annoyed already - in demo, I went to choose my nationality and the options are "United Kingdom", with Union Flag, "Wales", with Welsh flag, "Scotland" with St Andrews cross and "Northern Ireland" with Red Hand.

Coming from Codemasters, a British company, this is infuriating.

bigd0205

I'm annoyed already - in demo, I went to choose my nationality and the options are "United Kingdom", with Union Flag, "Wales", with Welsh flag, "Scotland" with St Andrews cross and "Northern Ireland" with Red Hand.

Whats infuriating about it? I'm quite happy I can choose a St Andrews cross rather than the union jack.

You going to complain when fifa doesn't have Team GB in it but has Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and England in it?

DR Kronenbourg

Distinguished Member

Is it because your English and can't get the George Cross? Folk may assume your a jock because your location is Glasgow!

st4fore

Am I missing something with this demo? I have played all the other games but it seems like this demo has been designed for a 10 year old who has never played the series. After doing 2 of the tasks I gave up and switched it off. Why release a demo that will alienate the fans?? Or am I missing a skip button somewhere?

Guns_LotsOfGuns

Moderator/Games Reviewer
Reopened since the game is out now.

Last edited:

stu646

Very glad I have not brought this game.

I have seen on the official forum page about a bug that won't allow you to save your career game after a number of races(3rd year in a row ***), some races say 50% of a 58 lap race is only 18 laps?!

Codemaster never fail to disappoint when it comes to releasing bug ridden games

Last edited:

st4fore

Ok so I got this on Lovefilm and played it for a few hours now. I have to say that I am glad I went past the demo. The demo really annoyed me as you couldn't skip things, but the game delivers on more levels. The control is much better than 2011, the other drivers are a lot cleverer and time overtaking more and in the hardest setting it's a lot of fun. As an avid F1 fan this game delivers :)

rcaudwell

Have had all 3 Codies F1 games, and this is the best (although then again it should be!), much more playable with different game modes etc etc and lots to do in single player. Couple of niggles though - why is it still buggy, they`ve now had 2 prev chances to get it right and failed, inexcusable this time. Also why aren`t all the tracks in time attack mode? - maybe we`ll get to buy the omitted ones as DLC! (unless I just haven`t unlocked them yet)
Also online still full of dodgem driving morons - anyone here playing online and fancy a clean race or two? (I`m average speed wise, don`t mind the odd bump or racing incident, but not really into being punted off at corners, swerved into, pushed onto the grass etc etc.)

st4fore

Ok so I got this on Lovefilm and played it for a few hours now. I have to say that I am glad I went past the demo. The demo really annoyed me as you couldn't skip things, but the game delivers on more levels. The control is much better than 2011, the other drivers are a lot cleverer and time overtaking more and in the hardest setting it's a lot of fun. As an avid F1 fan this game delivers :)

I take back everything I have said. The game is only a lot of fun when you are AHEAD of the AI. When you are racing against the AI it seems like they have blindfolds on. They move across when you are half a car in front of them on the straight, they overtaken then move back over to take the line before the corner so you go into the back of them.

And then don't get me started on the pit exit. If you have pit assist on it puts you back out on the track at either the wrong speed for the weather conditions or at an angle where you aren't holding your controller in the correct position so you spin.

When you are in front, the game plays beautifully. When you are behind you may as well be playing destruction derby. Me and a friend that loved 2011 and played several co-op championships have had to totally skip Monaco as the AI kept turning us around or hitting into us.

I'm bitterly dissapointed :(

majson83

this game is best enjoyed online against fair people.

the handling is superb, imo and the fact that to get the best lap you have to hit the apex's and so on is very good!

i've been ok against the AI, not had much problems. I think they react badly if you're trying to overtake in areas that you technically shouldn't over-take ;)

Tom Tom

I have been loving this game in all modes except Career!

My engine blows (even after I have now adapted my driving to the game).

I would be up for a few races online with safe drivers (as mentioned)

The issue I have is I am a stick racer (so no where near as fast as those with SW) and am pretty good on some tracks and dire on others.

Would love to do a longer run session, but happy for a few quick blasts through as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom