F1 2011....last but not least, Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
anyone else having a problem with live timing on the f1 website ?

edit: it has just started working

No problem here.

Great race so far. Hamilton answering all the questions being posed from behind.....

I reckon the Hungarian TV director must be on a promise of a backhander from Ferrari if he shows their cars for 80% of the race!

In these days when we get SC starts in anything more than light drizzle how the hell do you not get a SC for Heidfeld's Renault.

Then to compound things they tow it back to the pits as Vettel was exiting a potential disaster as you saw his back end step out.

Then to compound things they tow it back to the pits as Vettel was exiting a potential disaster as you saw his back end step out.

Yes I was cringing when I saw that happening, that was a potential disaster there.

Another great strategy call from McLaren :facepalm:

Why did Lewis get the drive through? I flicked over to watch Bell get his hundred in the cricket and missed it :(

Why did Lewis get the drive through? I flicked over to watch Bell get his hundred in the cricket and missed it :(

Did a doughnut when he spun it, but Di Resta was right next to LH when he did it. Di Resta had to drive off the track to avoid hitting the McLaren.

benhaha85 said:
Did a doughnut when he spun it, but Di Resta was right next to LH when he did it. Di Resta had to drive off the track to avoid hitting the McLaren.

What a stupid regulation.. He could hardly of avoided forcing Di Resta off the track I mean what else could he of done?

What a stupid regulation.. He could hardly of avoided forcing Di Resta off the track I mean what else could he of done?

:confused: You wouldn't be saying that if Di Resta had ended up in the wall. It's along the same lines as an unsafe pit release imo.

Anywho, turns out Lewis can't do strategy.

Well done Button! :clap:

benhaha85 said:
:confused: You wouldn't be saying that if Di Resta had ended up in the wall.

Anywho, turns out Lewis can't do strategy.

Well done Button! :clap:

Yeah I know why they have the rule but I hardly think it warrants a drive through!!

when lewis initially started the doughnut no cars there, by the time he was pointing the right way di resta and button was either side of him. f1 cars tend to arrive quickly. very harsh but then its lewis, seems any excuse to penalise him

Yeah I know why they have the rule but I hardly think it warrants a drive through!!
He didnt deserve it imo - just watched the replay twice, and Lewis was actually less on that part of the track (after correcting his car) than he would have been had he stayed exactly where he was, so Di Resta would have had to drive around him (and off the track) in any case.

Enjoyable stuff. Great to see the Mclarens continually allowed to race, Red Bull I am looking at you. Button deserved that Vettel went off, Alonso went off, Hamilton went off and Webber went wide once or twice so it was deserved IMO.

Three week wait until Spa. In before withdraw symptoms!

Last edited:
Enjoyable stuff. Great to see the Mclarens continually allowed to race, Red Bull I am looking at you.

I am no Red Bull apologist, but to be fair team mates racing at the start or halfway through the GP is a bit different to the last couple of laps.

Joe Pineapples said:
He didnt deserve it imo - just watched the replay twice, and Lewis was actually less on that part of the track (after correcting his car) than he would have been had he stayed exactly where he was, so Di Resta would have had to drive around him (and off the track) in any case.

I can see both sides. Wet grass could have led to a very bad incident with the wall.

But what could Hamilton do? The argument is he should have waited i guess but anyone trying to win a race wouldn't.

The rules state you can't force someone off the track and he did that so letter of the law he was penalised

I could of gotta bus through that gap when Lewis span it back round lol just seems Lewis gets the full use of the rule book thrown at him in every eventuality.

Di Resta was going to have to take the same line if Lewis had remained stationary so I couldn't see where he could go other than off the track regardless of whether Lewis had done his doughnut or not. To be fair to the stewards, I don't think they got it wrong but they didn't get it right either, if that makes sense.

Jake dressed in black. How appropriate.

Good race, lots of exitment, so glad Button won after the last two weeks and another McLaren win.

IMO the stewards were wrong about Hamilton, his car was in the way weather he tried to spin or not.

Hamilton's strategy was dissapointing, especially as his driving was really strong throughout.

Lots of references from Jake about BBC loosing the TV rights, he is clearly very upset about it. I'm going to miss their excellent coverage.

I am no Red Bull apologist, but to be fair team mates racing at the start or halfway through the GP is a bit different to the last couple of laps.

Indeed. Although you do get the feeling that with Red Bull they seem to favour Vettel in most race scenarios (their attempt to keep Webber behind at Silverstone did make me wonder if they would do they same if the positions were reversed.) Although Horner said it would it didn't appear particularly convincing.

Good race, lots of exitment, so glad Button won after the last two weeks and another McLaren win.

IMO the stewards were wrong about Hamilton, his car was in the way weather he tried to spin or not.

Hamilton's strategy was dissapointing, especially as his driving was really strong throughout.

Lots of references from Jake about BBC loosing the TV rights, he is clearly very upset about it. I'm going to miss their excellent coverage.

Their coverage is second to none (they should really win another award for it in addition to their Bafta they already have). Watching on the red button you see how much they are respected by the folk in the garages, the team principles, the driver's, everyone. The BBC has a lot of trust and a very solid reputation; one has to think how Sky will get on.

It's a sad situation but what can you do.

Blimey a decent hungarian gp:eek:

Great win for changable track conditions master.

Hamilton was unlucky in terms of both tyre choices and the stewards, still think button would have won though regardless.

I think there was more space on track before Hamilton doughnutted however the other argument is that if he hadn't stallled then he could have moved forward then out of the way.

But as i said anyone trying to win a race isn't going to just wait.

The Stewart's stuck to the rules there isn't much they can do but follow the rules they are given.

On a side note. Great honest racing again between button and Hamilton who always have each other enough room and respect to race.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom