• 1 (Appalling)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 0 (Utterly Useless)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Rosecot

Standard Member
Reaction score
I have heard that there will be a F1 game on Wii this year, doeas anybody know if this is true and when it will be ouT?

Last edited:
Great thanks, pity it will be out at the end of the season!!

This does look quite interesting although the main issue for the Wii version will be with how it controls. I'm guessing like nearly all other racers, the wheel/tilting of remote on it's side option will work poorly whereas the nunchuck/wiimote combo will work better. Plus let's hope the game is a little more forgiving or has driving aids as most F1 games are usually a bugger to control.

I'm really looking forward to this as it has split screen which will allow to race against my 6 year old :D, had the ps3 version previously & it was single player & quite hard as well so sold it on Fleebay..

Just had a quick bash on this.

First thing i noticed: Pish poor graphics - really poor, jaggies everywhere.

But thankfully it plays pretty well. That is if you treat it as an arcade racer. I hate playing driving games with auto gears, but this game suits it. In manual you dont get enough feed back to tell you when to change - so auto it is for me.

You accelerate with button 2 and brake with button 1 - and obviously steer like in MarioKart.

I'll give it another go later and see how i get on.....

Does this game support nunchuck control or is it just a case of turning the remote on it's side?

you can use nunchuck its the only way Ive played it, i couldn't do the wiimote on its side i just struggled.
as for the game the graphics are poor expected that tho but game play is great already done a season on medium so going to do it again on expert .
the A1 is not the best but it is a wii so you expect to be dumbed down , just enjoying playing a F1 game could never get on with the ps3 one .
so looking forward to the main f1 game coming out on the xbox if it has this playability it will be a cracker.

I thought this game was okay to be honest.

its a bit senstive but after you get used to it - its good fun

Yeah, I found the controls a bit sensitive at first, I was correcting my mistakes and then sending the car off the track because I turned too hard.

Not the best graphics wise but it's very enjoyable, finished my first season of my career with Toro Rosso, won the drivers championship :clap:

i'm finding the challenge mode addictive! best controller for this game is wii classic controller .

ok folks whats everyones best times so far?

Australia - 1:25.9 for me

Is it worth buying the bundle with the steering wheel attachment(£4 extra), or will the mario kart steering wheel do?

Cheers

Does anyone have trouble getting round some of the slow corners. There are some I can only get round in about 30 miles an hour and lose loads of time. Nurburgring is one.

I've just bought a Wii (mainly for the activity and fitness games) as my first console. I now rather fancy a driving game (I seem to remember my last one being Colin McCrae Rally 2 on the PC - so not recent!) and wonder if this is the best one to get? Reviews seem reasonable, but not wonderful.

I should say that I'm not a frequent game player but I do use Flight Simulator from time to time.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts or comparisons anyone can offer.

I've just bought a Wii (mainly for the activity and fitness games) as my first console. I now rather fancy a driving game (I seem to remember my last one being Colin McCrae Rally 2 on the PC - so not recent!) and wonder if this is the best one to get? Reviews seem reasonable, but not wonderful.

I should say that I'm not a frequent game player but I do use Flight Simulator from time to time.

I'd be grateful for any thoughts or comparisons anyone can offer.

I got this game to play when I'm at the misses house, very addictive and good fun. Just don't expect it to be too realistic, more arcade like. Definately worth getting though!

TBH thouugh, I'm waiting with baited breath for it to come out on the 360 :D

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom