F.I.S.T.: Forged In Shadow Torch

Darth_terra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I was looking on the PS store and came across this, I forgot it was even a thing never mind had already been released, it's £25 so not super expensive and actually pretty fun, It's a Metroidvania style game so you know the usual, areas that you can't get to before learning a skill or ability then going back, plenty of hidden areas, shortcuts etc to find with an on-screen map that you watch fill in where you have been and where haven't yet, Skill tree for the weapons you get, collectibles to find as i said the usual with this syle of game.

Graphically it's fine it's nothing that is pushing the PS5 or anything it comes with the PS4 version as well but I haven't seen that to know if there are any real differences or anything, there is voice acting it's decent again nothing special it does the job.

The combat is fine I have the second weapon now and switching is quick and easy you just press the required button on the d-pad, the only issue I do have is healing when in battle it can be a little annoying as there is an animation of drinking a health potion ( carrot juice) that takes a couple of seconds to pull off so you can't just pop it you need to be a little distance away as not to get hit when taking it, maybe that changes later on I don't know, there are boss battles one of which took a few attempts to nail and some platforming that took a bit of figuring out but nothing super difficult.

Overall so far it's a neat game I'm having fun.

Just had a little look online found out the differences between PS4 and PS5 from the devs.

PS5 is native 4k at 60fps, with haptic feedback on the Dualsense, doesn't use the triggers a design choice by the dev team.

PS4 Pro is dynamic 4k at 60Fps and base PS4 is 1080p at 30fps

I am playing this and am loving it - its a great little game that yet again seems to have had not much help from Sony marketing wise. The store layout is such a PITA that so many people will miss this.

I love the traversal and there is loads to do but alas for me, some of the bosses are too hard for my 51 year old reflexes now, so i have to get my daughter to do them 🤣. It's a shame there's only one difficulty level because she goes back to Uni this week so i know that I'll play this to the next boss i can't beat and will have to wait till mid December to play it again when my daughter is back ! 🤣

It's so vile getting old! Still love the game though

This game sounds like they wanted to be edgy and have FIST in the title but then couldn’t think of any appropriate words to fit their acronym !

I am playing this and am loving it - its a great little game that yet again seems to have had not much help from Sony marketing wise. The store layout is such a PITA that so many people will miss this.

I love the traversal and there is loads to do but alas for me, some of the bosses are too hard for my 51 year old reflexes now, so i have to get my daughter to do them 🤣. It's a shame there's only one difficulty level because she goes back to Uni this week so i know that I'll play this to the next boss i can't beat and will have to wait till mid December to play it again when my daughter is back ! 🤣

It's so vile getting old! Still love the game though

You will be pleased to hear that a Patch is due that adds easy mode plus bug fixes, you can switch difficulty at any time so no need to restart or anything, they are trying to get released today ie Friday if not should be Tuesday at the latest.

I get where you are coming from with the bosses It took me an hour to get past the duo in the sewers, almost threw my controller at one point. :laugh:

Is this getting a physical release?
not yet only in Asia so far, they are trying to get a physical release in the west no idea when that will be though.

I do like a Metroidvania, and it got some good reviews, so I might give it a try at some point. Looks like a future PS+ game though, so I might hold off buying it for a while.

I've been watching some gameplay videos and it does look like the kind of game I'd like. I was thinking of getting Kena next but if that doesn't turn out to be as good as I'd hoped I might get this instead.

I love rabbits so I hope it finds it's way into my collection at some point in the future.

Patch has released today which was a little surprising but here's what is in it.

You will be pleased to hear that a Patch is due that adds easy mode plus bug fixes, you can switch difficulty at any time so no need to restart or anything, they are trying to get released today ie Friday if not should be Tuesday at the latest.

I get where you are coming from with the bosses It took me an hour to get past the duo in the sewers, almost threw my controller at one point. :laugh:
I am so pleased with this as i had to stop playing yesterday as i was stuck at the sewer dudes and my daughter isn't back till December 🤣.

I am going to download, switch it to easy and really kick the 5h1te out of them two 😡😁

Decided to get this yesterday. Played about 3 hours so far and I'm enjoying it, as I said earlier I like Metroidvania style games with backtracking to explore previously locked off areas when you get new skills/upgrades. This looks like being one of the better ones. Reminds me a bit of Shadow Complex if anyone remembers that.

It's a really tough and challenging game! I wussed out and dropped it down to easy. I like the easy life these days. :D

It's a really tough and challenging game! I wussed out and dropped it down to easy. I like the easy life these days. :D
Totally agreed. I'm on easy and I stall haven't beat the last boss. Might have to wait till Uni closes for Christmas :(

Completed it now, on easy. The last couple of levels of the game are really tough, more traversing the hazard strewn areas than the enemies. There's one chase section where you running from a giant mechanised worm thing and one mistake means instant death. Died there numerous times. The final boss is also tough, even on easy, and you have to fight him twice with another section of tricky level traversal in between! I did beat him though on my second attempt.

Thought the ending was a bit abrupt, and a bit disappointed there's no free roam after the story. I was hoping for some leisurely exploration for things I'd missed post game, although I suppose I could do that from the last save. Good game overall, hard and a bit frustrating at times, but good.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom