F.E.A.R Multiplayer demo

Synchronicity

Prominent Member
Reaction score
F.E.A.R Multiplayer demo is out on the 29th Sept,after a quiet couple of months,with the exception of BF2 looks like were gonna have some decent releases soon with DOD already upon us and COD2 and FEAR just round the corner... :smashin:

I hope it's been improved. I thought the beta multiplayer was terrible.

Yeah I agree, the beta version was a bit flakey :D

The singleplayer was better, but as usual, not perfect like source games run on my machine.

Graphics are very nice though, might have to pick this one up.

When and where can we get the download from?

I've been looking everywhere.

According to Gamespot, the demo won't be launching until 4pm (UK).

ok great, thanks. :)

edit:

The new multiplayer demo rocks. It's so much better than the beta version.

I thought my 6800GT would have a lot of trouble with this but i've had none at all.

I'm using the 77.77 drivers at the moment.

Yeah it definitely seems to be running a lot better than the SP demo did, 6800GT here as well and running very nice on max settings.

me too 6800 256 gt and the demo is well smooth and nice to look at,same graphics engine as riddick i think,looks like it?
a purchase here i think

I just upgraded my GC to an Asus X800 XT PE for £215 Thought Id try out the new SP F.E.A.R demo just to see how it would run with one of the latest games and I was surprised to see things slowing down in certain areas. Don't get me wrong I had all the settings to the max but you wouldn't expect it to be sluggish with new hardware. Looks wise the game doesn't seem that much better than HL.

On the other hand I play FarCry which looks absolutely stunning, you can see where the powers going, all those trees and water effects and that runs smooth as silk.

Who wants to buy a game and then turn all the settings down just to prop up the frame rate?

The thing is though the X800 XT PE is over a year old and thats pretty out dated.

F.E.A.R was really designed with the latest graphics cards in mind like the 7800GTX series and the latest ATI X1800 series just released.

Thats the problem with PC gaming but I still prefer it to console gaming.

Wasnt my cup of tea TBH :thumbsdow Ran well enough,quality graphics,nice lighting effects and decent sound but just seems like a cr@p experience,very poor multiplayer aspect IMO ,and that is usually what determines if I purchase a game or not :oops:

Mr Jason B said:
Wasnt my cup of tea TBH :thumbsdow Ran well enough,quality graphics,nice lighting effects and decent sound but just seems like a cr@p experience,very poor multiplayer aspect IMO ,and that is usually what determines if I purchase a game or not :oops:

Have you tried the single player? It's a lot better. I never really buy games for their multiplayer except for BF2. Normally the multiplayer is just an added bonus.

Reznor said:
The thing is though the X800 XT PE is over a year old and thats pretty out dated.

F.E.A.R was really designed with the latest graphics cards in mind like the 7800GTX series and the latest ATI X1800 series just released.

Thats the problem with PC gaming but I still prefer it to console gaming.

I dont think my X800 PE is that outdated.

OverClockers have the X1800 XL on sale next month for £300 or the XT for £470ish :eek: It will be interesting to see what 3D Marks they get.

How many people are going to fork out this kind of money for a game?

It seems a lot of people are forking out that sort of money to play games. If you check out the Overclockers forums you will see what I mean. Quite a lot of people are buying two 7800GTX's and going Sli, that's about £800.

Check the graphics card bit of the overclockers forum for a thread containing links to all benchmarks for the X1800 XL and maybe the XT.

I just played the demo again, but this time when I enetered the long corridoor with the blood cieling I noticed some major slowdown. So I entered the video settings and realised I had set the filtering to maximum anisoscopic??? :eek: Turned it down to Trilinear and things started to get a bit more playable. Oh I turned the Res up to 1280x960 and FSAA to x2 at the same time but things were still better.

Restarted the demo and didn't get killed once. :thumbsup: Still crapped myself though :rotfl:

I'm sure If I tweaked a little more I could get a few more FPS. Tips anyone?

Just been looking at some recent benchmarks and I take back what I said about the X800XT it's still kicking quite a lot of ass.

The only thing I can think of is turn down the AA and all the other sort of filtering and maybe lower down the settings one step more. So instead of maxium have it on high.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom