F.e.a.r Is Not Working On My Jap Ps3!!!

electrissh

Standard Member
Reaction score
why is this!!?? :(

i am getting an error code (8000 etc etc etc). whyyyyyyyyyy??!!!

i was so looking forward to playing this game.

i have resistance fall of man (pal version) which works fine on my jap machine. so i aint got the foggiest on why f.e.a.r doesnt work.

What exactly is the error code ? Does your PS3 have the latest firmware update - 1.7 ?

What exactly is the error code ? Does your PS3 have the latest firmware update - 1.7 ?

i dnt remember what the code was off the top of my head. it started with 800

no it doesnt, could this be the problem?

il have to download the new firmware onto my ps3 tonight if thats the case!

where can i download the latest firmware for my jap console?... anyone?:lease:

It would have been better if you knew the exact code in order to do a search in Google or if you had already done a search. It's quite possible it has to do with not having the most up to date firmware but I can't say for sure. Knowing the error code might have shed some more light on the problem. Unless you have a specific reason not to keep your firmware up to date you really should.

It would have been better if you knew the exact code in order to do a search in Google or if you had already done a search. It's quite possible it has to do with not having the most up to dat firmware but I can't say for sure. Knowing the error code might have shed some more light on the problem. Unless you have a specific freason not to keep your firmware up to date you really should.

very true. i should of taken a note of the error code. i will do tonight after work. for now i will update the firmware. i just aint had the time to update it, but it must be done!

i wanna download the firmware from a website and stick it on my external hard drive and move it over to my ps3 like that. thats how i done it with the previous firmware update.

right...

i have updated to 1.7... f.e.a.r is still not working!!:mad:

i took a note of the error code: 80028f10.

please note: this is the same error code which pops up when i start gran turismo hd (bearing in mind i do not have a hd tv).

any ideas guys?

i have had this game for a week now, and its just slowly rotting away :lease:

I did a search on that error code. The problem sounds like one mentioned in these forums before. Apparently PAL games do not seem to work on an import console when using a standard definition TV. From what I could tell from my search it seems to affect some games but not others. Tekken and the GHHD demo are two of them amd I suspect FEAR is another one.

I don't know the technicalities behind it and why it isn't a problem with all PAL games but this looks like the reason you are having problems with those games. Apparently if you're using a high definition TV it's not an issue. I'm assuming the GTHD demo you downloaded was from the UK store. If that is the case you might want to try downloading it from the US store. If that works then chances are this is the problem you're having. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is the case.

I did a search on that error code. The problem sounds like one mentioned in these forums before. Apparently PAL games do not seem to work on an import console when using a standard definition TV. From what I could tell from my search it seems to affect some games but not others. Tekken and the GHHD demo are two of them amd I suspect FEAR is another one.

I don't know the technicalities behind it and why it isn't a problem with all PAL games but this looks like the reason you are having problems with those games. Apparently if you're using a high definition TV it's not an issue. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure this is the case.

i have done a search and have come up with the same conclusion. thanks for the info mate. i apprecuate you searching around.

i got the component cables free with my ps3, but i obviously dont have a hd tv as of yet. that is a real bugger! i was really looking forward to playing this.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom