1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

f connectors simple question

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by liamWG, Mar 31, 2005.

1. liamWG

liamWG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

Inspired by others on this forum, I am about to do self install of sky+. I have a twin LNB already in place and both cables secured inside behind my TV already. Currently one cable is connected to the standard sky receiver and everything is perfect. The other cable has the f connector missing. I take delivery of the sky+ box / f connector tomorrow. My question is, do I need to peel back the protective flex off the second cable before I stuff it into the f connector, or is it sufficient that the face of the cable is exposing the copper wire and I can just stuff it in as it is? I just wondering, as no point in skimming the cable outer covering unless it's required or necessary to actually fit it in. Might sound like a picky question, it's just that this is my first time messing with this stuff and I like to know everything in advance. What a great forum people!

Thanks

Liam

2. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
  3. liamWG

liamWG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Excellent Dude! Just what I needed.....

mucho thanks :smashin:

4. mhuk05

mhuk05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +215
    Be careful not to overtighten the F-connector. I used a spanner on one last night and managed to break it!