F.A.O TOFFEECRISP RE 717 PIONEER /GLADIATOR

Jas

Standard Member
Reaction score
I also have a pioneer 717 which has had no previous disc problems except the new r1 release of gladiator which u mention on a previous post. just after the layer change my picture breaks up in bits of cubes and the sound drops out this lasts for about a minute then it seems to sort its self out.
please let me know if u are having simular problems. many thanks Jas.

From what you describe Jas, it sounds like your disc is scratched or
has fingerprints. My copy is OK, I am just a bit disappointed with
the location of the layer change. For such a high-profile title, a
little fore-thought could have made the change transparent.

------------------
I....have come here......to chew bubblegum.....and kick ass.....and
I'm all outta bubblegum.

That is weird, definatly weird. I also have a 717 and the picture on my copy of Gladiator also broke up almost exactly as you explained Jas. I've experienced this type of thing before and it's always been because of a dirty disc - as before I removed the disc, gave it a wipe and replaced it. Luckily I didn't have the problem again. It just seems strange that we both had the same problem, at the same place, using the same player.
confused.gif

------------------
Tee

http://www.electronicreality.co.uk

Yea, the layer change is a really obvious on Gladiator - whoever decides where the layer change goes on a disc must be an idiot!
Pauk

has anyone tried it on a 919, this is very similar to the 717, and I have just ordered a copy of Gladiator, i hope it dont do that to mine.

------------------
'This one's got a bad mmooooooooooooooooootivaaaaaaator (in a very camp voice)'

member formerly known as hank hill

My American Beauty did this so i sent it back and got it replaced. See my thread on Corrupting Disks for more.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom