F.A cup anthems

isayisay

Novice Member
Before the cup final today they sang the welsh national anthem for cardiff and then God save the queen for Portsmouth,but i thought God save the queen was the BRITISH anthem and LAND OF HOPE and GLORY was the english anthem?am i wrong ?If not why didnt they sing just the one anthem if we are suppose to be a united nation?confused.:eek:

alaniho

Novice Member
if they are going to have singers like Ms Jenkins, they should stick with the Welsh anthem every year :thumbsup::devil:

Astraeus

The FA Cup is an English competition. Welsh clubs are invited to take part specially. That's why there's no universal British theme to the competition, it's exclusive to England & Wales. As for Elgar's Pomp & Circumstance Marches, it's not the national anthem. I was under the illusion that Rule Brittania was the more all-encompassing anthem whilst God Save The Queen was an English anthem.

WelshBluebird

Novice Member
I personally wouldn't have minded had the welsh anthem was not sung.
However, it was something to hear Hen Wlad Fy Nhaudau belt out across Wembley Stadium.

I think in the end, it was played in 1927, so it should have been played as it was yesterday.

AMCross

i only went to sing the welsh national anthem :thumbsup:

good job the boys from the valleys knew the words :D

the game was the topping on my expensive cake

£5 for a pint
£8 for fish and chips
£2 for water

WelshBluebird

Novice Member
i only went to sing the welsh national anthem :thumbsup:

good job the boys from the valleys knew the words :D

the game was the topping on my expensive cake

£5 for a pint
£8 for fish and chips
£2 for water
Have a few cans in the area around the stadium (£1 for two cans).
£1.50 for chips outside the stadium.
And i'm sure you could find water in the off licences too.

However, yeah.
£35 ticket
£25 minibus
£40 FA Cup final shirt
£10 FA cup road to wembley t-shirt
£5 on cans throughout the day
£2.50 for a burger outside
£x on food and drink on the minibus / services.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom