1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ezyDVD come up trumps again!

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Orbital, Nov 26, 2001.

1. Orbital

Orbital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi All,

I know this has been said a few times here on the forum but ezyDVD in Australia have got to be one of the best DVD retailers around. I've used them countless times over the last 6 months and have yet to have an order take longer than 5 days to get here and when there site says a title is in stock it really is in stock. Top stuff or what! :D

A good example was last week (20/11). Ordered 5 DVD's from ezyDVD and another 4 from play247. They all came today (26/11) well when I say all of them I mean all of the ezyDVD ones and 2 of the Play247 ones. I don't know what's going on over at Play247 towers but I wish they'd sort it, as at the moment I get better service from somewhere 10,000 miles away!!!

Cheers

Dave

2. thestorm

thestorm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi Dave

I'm looking for alternatives to play.com, they're not as good as they used to be. I most definetly do not like being left without any info abt my order after paying for my dvds\cd and then when I don't get them on time there's no reply from them via email and they're phone line was always engaged!
    That is so annnoying....I called them at all different times too.
    I hope they improve soon.

Re : ezedvd
    Did u have to pay any "tax" on the stuff u ordered from ezydvd,
    eg $12.99 for a dvd sounds good too me! I ordered some stuff from USA a couple months back and I was charged some tax that fed-ex had to pay on my behalf. I didn't mind though as those dvd's were unavailbe here in europe. But i'd find it annoying if i had to pay tax on every order that i make.
    But one thing for sure ezydvd need to sort out their web site, something along the lnies of play.com \ or amazon would be best!

Cya,
    Shaz

3. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No tax to pay on DVDs from Ezy unless the total cost exceeds usually Customs Excise £18 limit for goods imported into UK.

Even then you may not get charged, only samples of items are chosen me thinks.

I've recieved 4/5 DVDs from Ezy all separate orders so not exceeded that limit and no charges or duty needed to be paid

Definately recommend buying from Ezy, great service

Gary

4. swhits

swhits
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I can vouch for eazydvd, ordered 2 dvd's & got them just over a week later with no tax as the package was marked as a gift. I am now trying www.devoted.au as they appear to be even cheaper than eazydvd.

5. michaelm

michaelm
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Got the complete Sopranos Season 2 from them, marked as under $18au so I never got hit by customs. Arrived in 4 days.

6. Orbital

Orbital

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi All,

Like I said in my original post I ordered 5 DVD's from ezyDVD and they all came in the same box but without getting charged any Tax duties. I think one of the main reasons ezyDVD avoid this is that they don't attach a sales invoice to the order, so to most it would look like a gift (and sometimes as stated above they mark it up as one too). Cunning ;)

Cheers

Dave