1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EyeTV-200 Aspect Switch through Scart

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by stek1961, Oct 20, 2005.

1. stek1961

stek1961

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm trying to record from Sky+ as well as live output via this EyeTv thing.

It works fine with DVD players connected to Scart via SCART/RCA converter but Sky+ box refuses to play ball.

It doesn't switch to anything, staying in 4:3 wihich is either the original broadcast or if not it's cropped. Manually selecting any WS setting merely crops and zooms (and squeezes for some reason). I've tried TV out, VCR out, svideo, the lot.

Seems the SCART isn't sending the WS screen select to the EyeTV. I know it is tho cos the telly recieves it. And it handles it perfectly with the DVD.

Any ideas? It's a Pace 40gb V2 digibox, unmolested.

Steve

2. stek1961

stek1961

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thinking about this, ISTR my bros DVD-R that I borrowed also not switching apsect when using the Copy feature with multiple programmes. Result was one aspect for the whole series of recordings, ruining my 1958 Kenneth More version ofthe 39 Steps!

So does the Sky+ know how to change apsects using copy mode or do i have the wrong cables?

I'm using SCART/RCA/S-VIDEO converter.

Steve