1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EyeToy Play thingy

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by riprip, Jul 4, 2003.

1. riprip

riprip

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Popped into WHSmiths in my lunch break and saw the PS2 EyeToy has been released. Anyone got one yet? Is it any good?

2. mugsy

mugsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Just ordered one from play myself.

Official website - http://www.eyetoy.com/english/

The games that come with it (12 of) look very simple but hopefully some future online games will have support for it.

3. moochoo

moochoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can highly recommend Eye Toy i work in an independent game store in my home town and we have been playing this game all day. Every customer that came in and played it bought it! two of them even bought a PS2 so they could play it. It out sold any new release today by far even Tomb Raider.

I hope more games are released soon but for the price tag this game is serious fun, go and buy it NOW!!!!!

[btw the kung fu game kicks ass]

4. sc1977

sc1977

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    seen it on play and am interested could be fun does the camera come with game pack for 32 99 or is that just the camera?

5. moochoo

moochoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That price is with the camera :)

We sell it for slightly more in our shop though :/

6. Nick Laslett

Nick Laslett
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I picked this up on Saturday.

My in-laws came round on Sunday. I set up the Eye Toy after dinner.

After 5 mins my Mother-in-law was sold. She said, "We have to get this!" To her Husband. They don't even have a PS2!

Not something I dreamed she would ever say about a videogame.

We played for about 2 hrs. Great fun. Not for the hardcore amongst you, I was beaten on nearly every game by non-gamers. Even my pregnant wife managed to win the dancing game.

Another choice statement from Mother-in-law, "This will be great at Christmas."

Anyway, where I live Eye Toy fever seems to have hit. The girls behind the till were raving about the title when I went to pay. The Security Guard at another store was actually playing it whilst on duty.

I think this is going to be real big. It was genius to have everything driven by the camera, part of the appeal is not having to grapple with a Dual Shock. I see big things ahead for the Eye Toy. It will be Twister/Pong/Trivial Pursuits for this decade. I also like the playroom modes that allow you to just chill out with cool effects on your TV. The Bubbles effect is especially calming, I left it on for awhile just as ambient background to the room.

Favorite games at present:

Co-operative Wishy Washy (with Sponges!)
    Keep-Ups (No hands allowed)
    Kung Fu
    Plate Spinning (Top exercise)
    Dancing Game
    Boxing Chump (Very theraputic)

7. moochoo

moochoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    co-op wishi washi is so much fun.

One of my other faves was the fireworks one your waving your arms around like a mad man on that game.

its so much fun it really is, on saturday at work we had to drop the price of Tomb Raider to £30 even then we didnt hardly sell any compared to the EyeToy.

Again it out sold anygame 2:1 probably because instead of working we just stood and played it all day and everyone wanted to have a go then the vast majority ended up buying it.

Forget the rest of the games out there just buy EyeToy!

8. James45

James45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    this was only just announced at E3 a month or so back... I can't believe they are on the shelves already. When I first heard about the Eye Toy i thought it would be a japanese craze but you're right I could see it being a twister type phenomenomand I think it will open up gaming to an even wider audience.

9. NeilMcRae

NeilMcRae

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    It was announced last year at the Playstation Experience - they had a massive stand that people where playing on.

Neil.

10. calibos

calibos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    How far can you be from the camera. 6ft?? That would great. the eyetoy on top of the avrack in front of the screen but the player would have to be 6ft back so his/her head would not obscure the projected image. Have a few mates up, a few bevvies and the eyetoy and the innerchild come out to play!! :D

11. moochoo

moochoo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The distance from the camera depends on the game you playing and how tall you are, i would say you could go 6ft away if you are of a decent size [height wise]