Eyecandy - Raising the Bar

Razor

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
The level of eyecandy seems to be rising over the last six or so months which is great to see and there has been many times where the in game visuals have impressed me.

The games which have really impressed me have been:

Farcry 3
Crysis 3
Bioshock Infinite
Hitman Absolution
Borderlands 2
Sleeping Dogs
Resident Evil 6

Long may this continue. :devil:

Last edited:
Bad news is that some of those games (far cry 3 and crysis 3) have shown that my GTX680 isn't quite enough now for max bells and whisties even at 1080p.

May have to pop another one in to take up some of the slack:devil:.

I'd stick tomb raider in there too. Character models are superb.

Bad news is that some of those games (far cry 3 and crysis 3) have shown that my GTX680 isn't quite enough now for max bells and whisties even at 1080p.

That could well be your CPU rather than graphics

I feel the exact same about my 680 tbh! Concerned that adding a second will jump temps too much though as I refuse to let my gpu fans get above 55%

I feel the exact same about my 680 tbh! Concerned that adding a second will jump temps too much though as I refuse to let my gpu fans get above 55%
Get some headphones...:D

That could well be your CPU rather than graphics

Could possibly be the case with crysis 3. Looking at benchmarks show highend sandybride-E chips performing really well.

Far cry 3 isn't too bad tbh, everything maxed, just have to run 2xmsaa to keep at a constant 60fps.

Last edited:

I run mine in the mid 60's which keeps the temps from going too much over 70degC during the more demanding games.

Never really hear it though as always game using the home cinema setup or headphones.

All we need now is people to leave the old hat 1080p behind and get on the 1440p/1600p bandwagon.

All we need now is people to leave the old hat 1080p behind and get on the 1440p/1600p bandwagon.
Right with you Dave and you were smack on with 120hrz....:D

I'd stick tomb raider in there too. Character models are superb.

Good call, I haven't played it but from the screen shots I have seen it looks very nice.

It will probably wont happen on a mass scale until HDTVs take the jump past 1080p. I would love a 4k 65"-80" display for my lounge. :devil:

Add Guild Wars 2 into that as well... beautiful game.

Metro Last Light looks like it's going to make our rigs moan too.

I'm getting a loan to get three Titans so don't see a problem there. :rotfl:

I run mine in the mid 60's which keeps the temps from going too much over 70degC during the more demanding games.

Never really hear it though as always game using the home cinema setup or headphones.

Just started BioShock 3 and done a 2 hour session, luckily I can run it at full 60fps, fan speed no more than 55% and GPU temps no more that 60! Happy days :thumbsup:

Last edited:
eiren said:

I didn't think it was that good tbh. For an MMO yeah. Compared to Crysis 3 etc. no way.

Good call, I haven't played it but from the screen shots I have seen it looks very nice.

It will probably wont happen on a mass scale until HDTVs take the jump past 1080p. I would love a 4k 65"-80" display for my lounge. :devil:

Next big purchase will be 4k... rude not to really :D

Right with you Dave and you were smack on with 120hrz....:D

After a year on I still can't decide which I prefer out of 1440p and 120hz.

Im currently running the 120hz as I love it for FPS games. Everything else just screams 1440p.

After a year on I still can't decide which I prefer out of 1440p and 120hz.

Im currently running the 120hz as I love it for FPS games. Everything else just screams 1440p.
Im just switching between the 2 screens as to what im playing,i could'ent decide between 120 hrz and 1440p so though stuff it and got both and im so glad i did as the 120hrz is fantastic for fps and the 1440p covers the rest for the eye candy fix..:smashin:

It's lovely.

I have to agree, it's a beautiful game to look at. I've captured a ton of screenshots from various areas and vistas in that game that look stunning and in my opinion would definitely say that it's one of the most visually impressive games around.

I'll also be picking up Crysis 3 when I have a rig that can handle it mind you as that does look stunning.

Surely though you can only run certain types of games at 120hz whilst retaining the eye candy? Must be great for FPS' but I think on balance, I'd choose 1440p every day of the week.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom