1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eye`s FRONT !!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by NastyButNice, Feb 20, 2001.

1. NastyButNice

NastyButNice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just building my first pro home cinema system(but on a budget,Of course !!) which consists of an Yamaha DSP-A5 Amp and a Tannoy MXC Centre speaker at the moment, i want to get a good set of front speaker`s for it!,any ideas which speakers would sound good with this system so far ?.
    Thinking about some Mission speakers but not really sure which ones will sound good with the Tannoy centre, Also thinking about the matching tannoy speakers which seem to cost about £30 more than any other speaker ??!!.

Any ideas

Cheers
    Ian

2. dood

dood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    It is imperative that you match the fronts with the centre, pay the extra 30 quid. alternatively go for something other than the Tannoys, making sure that the fronts and centre match, eg mission or kef setups.

3. fishyben

fishyben

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can you explain why it is imperative that you match the fronts with the centre [​IMG]
    and why you can't mix front and center brands.
    Thx, ben
    http://dvdstuff.at/fishyben

[This message has been edited by fishyben (edited 11-03-2001).]

4. Radioactive__Man

Radioactive__Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Maybe not imperative, but certainly advisable. The speaker manufacturer will try to match the sensitivity and audio characteristics of the centre & main speakers, this is because they will be sharing certain frequencies, so you dont want a mismatch in the mid and upper ranges of the speakers.

If they are different [i.e. different manufacturers] you will have to adjust effect levels, cut-offs and [if you have a top end amp] equaliser settings for the centre speaker, from your AV amp.

Also if you buy the speakers from a particular range, they should be of equal sonic qaulity, and if it matters to you or your partner should look similar in construction and finish.

BTW all my speakers are Mission, except for my sub which is Paradigm

------------------
    Put the bunny back in the box !