1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EXTRAS - On Tonight (Sky Viewers only!)

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, Sep 2, 2005.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

If anyone has missed any of the six episodes of "Extras" (Series 1), you can get the chance to watch or record any or all of them, all over again, from tonight, but only if you have Sky Digital.

All you need to do is, tune in to BBC2 Wales on channel 961 at 10pm, for the next 6 weeks worth of Friday nights, and you can see this excellent comedy! :clap: Obviously, if you live in Wales anyway, or can receive BBC2 Wales (on channel 102 as your regular regional BBC2 station), then you too can watch the show, albeit for the first time.

Tonight is episode 1. The episodes, do not have titles, but are as follows:

1 - Ben Stiller
    2 - Ross Kemp / Vinnie Jones
    3 - Kate Winslet
    4 - Les Dennis
    5 - Samuel L. Jackson
    6 - Patrick Stewart / Shaun Williamson

A second series has already been confirmed, and is due to air next year, sometime! :clap:

Pooch

2. robyoung

robyoung

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Thanks Pooch, :thumbsup:

I missed the first one so will remember to set the Sky+! Thought it was an excellent series, the final one being particularly good, Patrick Stewart was well funny and there was also a serious tone to it. Not sure what RG's gonna do now he's no longer an 'Extra' though....!? :confused:

The 2nd best episode was the kate Winslet one, she was class. Samuel L Jackson seemed a bit wasted to me (not in the drunk sense!)

Look forward to Series 2. :clap:

Rob

3. Kevo

Kevo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +144
    I've got all episodes recorded except the first.

I'm on NTL and Freewview, Is there any way I can get BBC2 Wales?

If not maybe one of you could help me out :lease:

An excellent series, funny, cringey, and sad. Has a lot of depth to it and some great characters and dialogue.

Can't wait til the next series :thumbsup:

4. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    brilliant series, shame us brits don't get 24 episodes per series like they do in the US though

5. Lex

Lex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I was a little disappointed by the show - but I thought the Kate Winslett one was very good :smashin:

6. Barbara2001

Barbara2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I can't find it in the listings I have (Radio Times and Digiguide) for tonight at 10pm on BBC2 Wales. I keep getting Coast (an hour long documentary).

Edit - Just found it on the Sky EPG, also on the BBC's own website but it was difficult to find as it is under BBC Wales Digital.

May put a tape in just in case it is "my cup of tea".

7. Barbara2001

Barbara2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Is Extras classed as a comedy or drama? Frankly, I didn't laugh once during tonight's episode.

8. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Barbara,

I'm sorry to hear you didn't like this. The show is meant to be a comedy, but it's not a normal comedy. The humour is often very subtle, and you have to know a fair amount about the film industry to get some of the jokes. Personally, I felt the first 2 episodes were the weakest, but stick with it, because you will enjoy it. :)

Pooch

P.S. The second episode is on Monday night (4th September) at 10pm, also on BBC2 Wales (Sky 961) followed by Episode 3 on Friday night (8th September) at 10pm. :)

9. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,024
    Barbara

I do not find most of Extras laugh out loud funny but there are some really funny spots that make the whole show that should have had you laughing usually Ricky and his female friend screwing an explanation up and digging themselves in a deeper hole.

I think it is one of them comedies you get or you do not, I like it but could never get into The Office.

10. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    I've got it :smashin: recorded off Freeview onto a Panny E85.

Would you like it put on a disc and into the post?

Gary

11. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Great news Pooch, I had missed the Kate Winslett one and can now see it, many thanks.

You have inadvertently done my husband a huge favour! He has often complained that a Welsh rugby match wasn't on Sky Sports or BBC and it was a pity we couldn't get the Welsh rugby programmes (he had lived in South Wales). We had no idea that we could see other regions so easily and that they were available to all parts of the country until you mentioned it in your "Extras" post. Now he can watch them just by clicking on those BBC Welsh channels, he is delighted and sends his thanks. I'm not so happy at yet more Sports programmes! Thank goodness for the bedroom Skybox.

I hope you're enjoying your well deserved break.

Cynthia

12. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Cynthia,

Thanks, for your kind comments! You're too kind to me, sometimes. :)

The best thing about receiving the Scottish, Welsh and Northern Ireland variants of BBC1 and BBC2, is the fact that they don't always show the same programmes as the rest of the BBC network, and/or air the shows at different times! This is excellent for two main reasons: 1) being able to catch up with episodes that clash during prime-time, e.g. BBC2 has "How To Start Your Own Country" at 10pm, but I can catch it the same night, at 11:20pm on BBC2 Northern Ireland! :smashin: And, 2) It also means that you can get to see shows that are often aired completely seperately from the main BBC network, e.g. "Extras"!

I apologise to you, for giving your husband more sport to watch. I probably shouldn't mention this, but he could also catch over sports events (e.g. rugby and football) on S4C Digital and a few of the other "Entertainment" channels on Sky, around the 200's section of the Sky EPG. The downside is that there is no English language options, but it shouldn't be too difficult for him to follow what's going on. ;) I'm sure you'll be able to get him to make it up to you, when you want to watch some of your shows instead! :D

Lastly, thanks for the comments about my break. It's been nice not to have to worry about doing the update for a bit, but I promise that a new update will be arriving at the weekend - probably over Saturday lunchtime. :)

Pooch

13. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Pooch,

Thank you for replying with more information. Tonight is a programme "Crimesolver" on BBC Wales about historic crimes in that area, which should be interesting. Knowing of the different area BBC progammes is such a bonus as, like you, I often find I have to miss out a prime time programme, in spite of Sky+ (effectively only recording one whilst watching another, or just recording two). With Channel 5 very much to the fore with great programmes it becomes more and more difficult. Now I can check to see if they are being shown in other areas at another time. Husband has watched rugby on S4C but the Welsh language is gobbleygook to us, but he says you don't really need language when watching sport!

So good of you to do another update next weekend. Even if you are interested in the subject it must be an awful drag and such a commitment. What would we do without you to highlight the "must see" programmes. I so often miss something worthwhile in the Radio Times because i am not reading it thoroughly. I have bought the monthly "What Satellite and Digital TV monthly" for September, but no more. It's almost 100% devoted to satellite info (not unexpected considering the title), up to page 133. The programme pages are up to page 193 (two a day). Half a page on Sky Movies each day (their choice of movie) - I could cry, remembering all those film reviews in the old mag. Itv2 and 3 are shown but not BBC3 and 4. Paramount channel isn't shown and several others are missing. If only they would return to the old format. Change isn't always good.

Last night my husband said "What does Pooch recommend for tonight?" Did you ever think you would become a household word!!!!!!!!

Cynthia

14. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Cynthia, pooch as been a household in our house foe some time - you know what they say - "dont turn the TV on without one" :D

Gary

15. Cynthia 7

Cynthia 7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gary,

I meant to say "household name" but you got my drift! Yes, I like the way you put it, "don't turn the TV on without one" - that's good!. I find if he's enthusiastic about a programme and puts his cheering icon by it, then it's worth watching. It's like reading a good review before you buy some kit.

Let's hope he never defects to our competitors!

16. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Hes a star and he's a nice guy to boot :smashin:

Gary

17. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi People,

I don't know what to say. At the moment, I'm :blush: profusely, at such wonderful words coming from members of the AVForums. All I can say, is thanks for your support! :)

Cynthia - As always, direct, kind, and too kind to boot! Shame there isn't a "friendly hug" icon. All I can do though, is just say Thanks! :smashin: I agree with you about the "What Satellite...." magazine. It's really dire now, and I so want them to revert back to the way they were before the change. The listings are terrible. Half the channels aren't there any more. The film guide is dire. And the magazine costs us more now, for a thinner, less-useful magazine! Definitely a big :thumbsdow from me!

Gary D - Your words of kindness, are much appreciated! From one Brummie, to another.... even though I'm not technically a Brummie at all. But, you know... :D

As for defecting to another "rival" forum.... Not in a million years! :D Absolutely not. Never. No :censored: way! I think that says it all really! ;)

Pooch

18. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    i've been to the home of the fluffy tailed one and its got tumble weeds blowing through it.

Anytime Pooch :smashin:

Gary