Extraction system

buns

Ex Member
Reaction score
I have all my kit within a cupboard which is closed during film watching. It makes a great difference to the sound levels from the projector, however, the upshot is that there is a lot of heat buld up within the cupboard, sufficient to shut the projector down.

At the moment I have a bathroom extractor fan dealing with the problem, however, it is noisy enough to have all but nullified putting the projector in the cupboard in the 1st place! So, does anyone know any quiet extractor fans (without paying a fortune) or would a high speed quiet computer fan do the trick? Or any other suggestions for heat dissapation would be appreciated!

ad

A compute fan may well do the job best.

Have a look in the HTPC section of this forum as they are always going on about extra quiet cooling fans etc

That was a thought, i know a few i could use, but it then requires me leaving a large hole in a wall (albeit hidden) but then it will get very cold in the room!

ad

In that case, why not get one of those hoses you get for tumble dryers and run it from the hole in the wall (and seal it) to the cooling fan?

I shall have a play with that idea.....i had vaguely considered it, but when u make me think of it, it sounds a good idea!

ad

simple one this :rolleyes:

buy an old fridge freezer ( not too tall) the one with a small freezer comaprtmant... then fit all the gubbins into the fridge section and leave the top free for really cold beer
that way all the home cinema kit stays at about 5deg

you will have to cut a hole in the door for the projector to shine out of :D :D :D :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom