Extracting audio files from a DVD-RW recording

B

Billilu

I have a Panasonic DMR60 and have recorded some radio shows from the Freeview tuner to the hard drive onto a DVD-RW.

I naively thought that I could then rip them on to my computer as audio files, and then transfer them to my MP3 player. I didn't think it through of course, and they are recorded as video files. Is there any way I can transfer them as audio files, or simply record audio only on to my computer? I have Nero, Windows Media Player, Real Player etc.

Thanks.

dicky

Standard Member
There are a few tools which do this, the likes of dvd audio ripper and dvd audio extractor to name but two. These are not freeware though but should include a trial. They will convert the DVD audio to the format of your choice.
Maybe somebody would know if there is a freeware program about!
Regards

nwgarratt

Distinguished Member
Another vote for DVD Audio Extractor. It is fantastic and worth the money. It can go direct from the DVD to a MP3,WAV etc.

A freeware way is more complicated. Extract the DVD using DVD Decrypter to a VOB file with only audio. Then use Belight GUIwith Besweet.exe audio encoder to convert the VOB to whatever format you want.

B

Billilu

Thanks for the recommendations. Would they be available to download from the Internet from such sites as download.com?

dicky

Standard Member
Billilu said:
Thanks for the recommendations. Would they be available to download from the Internet from such sites as download.com?
Yes should be - although try the following link below - will be in the tools section on the left hand side, will give you a brief synopsis and user opinions - it will have links to the sites for download

http://www.videohelp.com/forum/

Regards

Trending threads

Top Bottom