• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Question Extra Power Amp for 5.2.4

ggwoodland

Prominent Member
Hi - I would like to follow the Atmos route and install some ceiling speakers. To do this I need to add at least a 2 channel power amp. Reading through various threads one option is to buy a Behringer for 2 of the ceiling speakers and power the rest with my existing 7 channel amp. But the Behringer doesn't seem to have a 12v trigger option which I like. So I was looking at stereo power amps of which there is quite a bit of choice in the market. If I did add a stereo power amp would it make any sense to use it to power the front left/right as opposed to 2 ceiling speakers? I did look at 3 channel amps but there are either very expensive or hard to find 2nd hand.

Thanks
George

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom