Extra Internal SATA connection.

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have one of the recent Medion PCs which has the external bay on the top for the addition of a SATA hard drive which just slips into the SATA and power connectors at the back of the bay.

However, I have just added a second internal DVD/CD drive, and the only available SATA connection on the motherboard was the one connected to the aforementioned hard drive bay. As I want to have one of those hard drives, I need to get another internal SATA port for the DVD/CD drive, in order that I can re-connect the hard drive's cable to the one I have temporarily "pinched". Does anyone know please if this is possible, or can I only have the four internals that are already there?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for reading. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Martin.

Hi Martin

I'm guessing, but I think the max is four drives on SATA.

Surprised there is only one SATA connection on the mobo though. Are you sure there is'nt another?

Alan

You can get an internal SATA card and add extra ports that way.
You do need a spare PCIE slot though !

Tank

Hi Martin

I'm guessing, but I think the max is four drives on SATA.

Surprised there is only one SATA connection on the mobo though. Are you sure there is'nt another?

Alan

Hi Alan,

I guess my original post must have been a bit ambiguous, as I really meant that I used the only spare one that I could, but there are actually a total of four (4) SATA connections on the motherboard, all now in use for, if I've got it right, the Hard Drive, 2 x DVD Drives and, I think, the Memory Card reader.

Cheers,

Martin.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom