Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Extra DVD Player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by RustyH, Oct 2, 2004.

1. RustyH

RustyH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I currently have the Panasonic SCH310E dvd system, but Im not happy with the outputs and want RGB. But I dont want to replace the whole system. So beens as the amp has an additional digital input, I was thinking of getting a cheap DVD player with RGB Scart and Digital out put that will go straight into the amp. Will the digital output be the surround sounds...yes??

Can you recommend the cheapest DVD player with these features that gives a decent picture reproduction??

Thanks
    Russ

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,431
    Yes, a digital coax or optical output will pass the 5.1 (or 6.1) to the rest of your system.
    Depending on how cheap you want to go you should be able to pick up any DVD player from a local supermarket with the features you want for under £50. Otherwise Richer Sounds is always a good bet.
    Many DVD players will have both optical and digital coax outputs for the sound, but not all so if your system only has one or the other check the DVD player you pick does have the type of output you need.

Mark.

3. RustyH

RustyH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Brill, thanks

Well the cheapest one I can find, cause it wont really be seen so dont matter to much. Do the really cheap ones give rubbish picture reproduction????

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,431
    I wouldn't say rubbish, but you do get what you pay for!
    Why not get a bored shop assitant to plug it in to a TV and show you what it is like.

Mark.