1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extra cooling for celing mounted projectors

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by fallwood, Dec 11, 2004.

1. fallwood

fallwood

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Following on from my earlier post, does anyone use extra cooling with their ceiling mounted PJ. I am thinking of fitting a couple of case fans into the ceiling above the pj to produce a downdraft , hopefully this will clear some of the hot air from around the PJ . Are their any ready made cooling solutions available for projectors.

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Extra fans won't cool down the air that's up there. Anyone who has hung Christmas decorations knows how hot it can get near ceiling level. Consider fitting a big ceiling fan - one where the air flow can be reversed in the winter time to suck air up from the floor and create a less draughty effect.

3. mi_july

mi_july

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep, bt chance my projector is ceiling mounted a few inchs below my ceiling fan, infact if the cables werent attached to the mount it would have been horrible.. Nick is right, the fans wont do much, if anything at all!